Monday, April 6, 2020

Double Whammy

Everyone knows the feeling of being discombobulated with this pandemic. Our lives have been turned on its ear and we are left wondering if things will ever be normal again; but life goes on, with all of the usual ups and downs. Maybe some of you are caring for someone who is ill, or you are dealing with the death of someone close. At the very least, you are worried for a lot of loved ones in your life right now, and you are feeling helpless to do anything about it. Our staying at home is for the benefit of all.

My sister, as I have been reporting, has been having a lot of tests and medical appointments recently. At a time when physicians are doing their appointments on-line or by phone, she has been asked to undergo ultrasounds, X-rays and a MRI. She has seen a neuro surgeon and a cancer surgeon in just the last week. On the positive side, she doesn't need neuro surgery. A blood vessel is twisted or clamped due to a neck trauma, but the other 3 larger blood vessels can carry the blood flow. She will just need to be monitored. On the other hand, she has very recently learned that she has breast cancer and will have a double mastectomy this week or next. We are awaiting results to see if there is any spread. I think everyone knows the feeling of waiting on medical results. You just feel stuck in time. Add that stress to what is currently going on in the world, and you feel like you have been struck by a freight train. Anyways, I felt like I needed to explain my absences from the blog as of late.

I have been writing note cards that I have made. Sorry, I never thought to take pictures of those cards before I mailed them out. I enjoy making them and I hope that people still look forward to receiving them. I want to let people know that I am thinking of them and I want to encourage them to stay safe and remind them of why we are doing this. I am also using this time to get outdoors for sunshine and fresh air. My cleared deck is dry and is an opportunity to have a cup of tea and enjoy the arrival of Spring. I am also busy on the phone and on face-time, so there is a LOT of virtual visiting going one. Saturday night's Trivia at the Pub was a success. The Red team won the first game by only one point over the Purple team....ha,ha. They would like to do it again this weekend (Easter) and another family would like to join in. I certainly don't mind being the host of these games.


A warm and sunny spot....

Besides sending out cards, I have just been cooking and doing up laundry and just getting through the days. I trust all of you are doing well and staying safe.

6 comments:

  1. For me virtual visitations has been a Godsend. We had a large family gathering yesterday via Zoom. After it was over I counted 37 of us were "there"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne. That sounds like so much fun. We can have 6 windows open on Facebook Messenger, so our Trivia night can hold that many contestants. But if we want to visit with everybody (say on Easter Sunday), my DIL says she will arrange Zoom for that occasion. Maybe I will take her up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your sister! I hope the cancer hasn't spread and that the medical reports will be good. Or, as good as they can be, following a cancer diagnosis. At least your sister will be getting the medical care she needs. I will add your sister to the list of people for whom I pray for good health.

    It sounds like you have been doing what you can to keep things as close to normal as possible, under the circumstances. I am sure people enjoy receiving your cards and I am glad that you have a sunny spot in which to sit while writing out those cards. All that hard work of clearing off the snow paid off!

    Game nights with the family sounds like a good way to connect and keep some fun and entertainment going for everyone's benefit. Keep it up!

    Take care of yourself during this very difficult time. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bless. You are so lovely and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry to hear about your sister! I hope it has not spread and the results are as good as they can be following her diagnosis.

    Your porch looks like a wonderful spot for a cup of tea and a read with fresh air and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete