Friday, April 10, 2020

Spring Weather

We are experiencing typical Spring weather these days....warm sunny days, rain, snow, strong winds and storms. You know, typical. I have always remembered Good Friday as being rainy and dismal, but today the sun is out.

Yesterday I managed to get my fresh veggies packaged up into freezer bags and put in the freezer. I worked on the questions for this week's Trivia night extravaganza and wore myself out, because I had a two hour nap on the couch before dinner. Ha. I was also drawn to the TV news most of the day. Canada explained its COVID model and it definitely looks like the first wave will not be ending until summer. At least we are no longer in limbo wondering when this will all end. It gives us a time frame and a kind of certainty to plan future weeks and months. I think it is the uncertainty that is unsettling. I can plan better when I know generally how long this will last, and I am okay with that. I have a nice outdoor space and lots of work I want to do to build up a garden for both flowers and home grown vegetables.

Yesterday I witnessed a beautiful event on my street. It must have been a little girl's birthday. I could hear and see a car coming down the street with its horn honking (like they used to do after weddings long ago). The car was all decorated with balloons and streamers and a big homemade sign on the driver's side door which read Happy Birthday ________! Those passengers were the grandparents who brought out lots of brightly wrapped boxes and gift bags, a cake, and grocery bags which looked like supplies for a party (paper goods, pop, chips and the like). Another car pulled up behind and that driver got out with more presents. The supplies were brought up closer to the house and left in the driveway, while the passengers in the cars waved and called out to the little girl and her parents. They only stayed a couple of minutes and then were on their way. It was so heartwarming. I can imagine how exciting it would have been for the little girl to be recognised on her birthday like that.

I am going to look around my house today for things I can use to decorate for Easter/Springtime. I brought no decorations with me except a few Christmas items. I bought a few for Halloween from the local Dollar Store, but I am avoiding going out at all these days. Therefore, I will go through my crafty supplies and see what I can come up with today for my door or window. It will be a challenge.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. It will be different this year, but it can still be special.
An Easter card arrived in the mail from a sister-in-law.

4 comments:

  1. Well, now at least you have an idea of a time frame and can plan accordingly. I keep looking at the meme that was all over Facebook, that each day we spend inside is another day closer to its ending. I decided to mostly forego the Easter decorations this year. I do have a small basket with painted porcelain eggs and some pastel vases with flowers and that is it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great many decorations to me....more than what I have. In the end, I made some decorations from card stock and taped them to the glass in my front window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good that you have a time frame for planning purposes, Susan. Well done on getting all your fresh vegetables prepared for the freezer. I have a couple of items left to cook and freeze.

    I bet that little girl was thrilled by her birthday "parade"! I hope that, later, they were able to celebrate online with the extended family.

    Sounds like gathering the questions for trivia night was an arduous task! LOL. Are the questions based on a particular theme, like geography, history, music, etc.?

    Hope you'll post some pictures of your Easter decorations. I used to decorate when my daughter was little and the Easter Bunny would visit her, but, not anymore. I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. No, coming up with trivia questions is a fun and challenging activity. I don't know why I am suddenly tired in the late afternoons. I'm thinking it may be a lack of activity. Sitting on my butt seems to tire me out. I try to find questions on a variety of subjects like geography, film, music, literature, and the like; but tomorrow there will be a theme of Easter. I will give examples in a later post.

    For decorating, I found nothing. So I made decorations out of paper. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete