Saturday, July 4, 2020

Groceries: My Weekly Highlight

Is this what my life has become? I waited all week for someone to call and get my grocery order and then waited all day to see if I would get anything delivered before the weekend. And yes, they arrived just before 5 o'clock yesterday. I guess I must have been the last delivery of the day. Whew! I washed and/or disinfected before taking photos and putting away the groceries.

Dairy

Meat

Fresh and Frozen Produce

Pantry Items

Non-food Items


But I kid. Getting groceries, though fantastic, is not the highlight of my week.  Last weekend I got two surprise phone calls from people I haven't heard from in such a long time. I had a very good Canada Day. I was not expecting anything exciting, so when I participated in a virtual BBQ with some old friends and got to see them on Facebook Messenger, that was a great time. It was also nice to watch the televised musical special and virtual fireworks on TV that night. I wrote out some more cards this week and got them in the mail. While writing up my blog yesterday, the neighbourhood chipmunk came up to the window beside my chair and watched me from the window ledge. I think chipmunks are adorable, so that was a spark of joy in my week. I came up with some exciting (I think) questions for tonight's Trivia Game and that was fun to do.  Today I will do up some laundry and hang it out to dry. I plan on watering the side yard again with the sprinkler. I will need to process the meat and whole cauliflowers for the freezer, and tonight will be our Trivia night where I get to dress up, put on make-up, and pour myself a glass of wine. This is my BIG Saturday night entertainment. WooHoo.

Happy Fourth of July to my American readers and hope your day is fun and exciting as well. Have a great weekend, but stay safe. 

4 comments:

  1. My favorite trivia question? The character Dill in To Kill a Mockingbird was based on whom?
    We are having a 4th of July bbq with family, but we are eating outside (it's gonna be hot) and distancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I immediately had to look that one up. I never knew that, but now that I know it is a hard one to forget.

      I think BBQs are the best way to celebrate the holiday. Hope you continue to have a wonderful visit with family.

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting a grocery delivery at long last! You certainly had to wait for that one, didn't you? But, now you've some food and other items to replenish your stock. Thank you for taking the time to photograph everything. I was too tired to do so, yesterday.

    Have fun at tonight's trivia game and have a lovely weekend.

    By the way, have you heard from Nathalie? I miss reading her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly had fun this week coming up with Trivia questions, but again some of them turned out to be difficult. I want them to be challenging, but I don't want it to become a chore either. So I am going to rethink some of the questions for next week.

    No, I haven't heard from Nathalie. I really miss her too. I kind of hope she lurks somewhere in the background and reads some of our posts without commenting, but she left very hurriedly. I hope she and her family are okay. Her blog posts were always a joy to read and I would love to hear from her again.

    ReplyDelete