Friday, July 3, 2020

A Week of Waiting

It doesn't feel good to feel like you are waiting all the time. It causes stress and anxiety, but that is how I have been feeling this week.  I have been waiting for someone to get back to me since Monday morning when I registered on-line for a grocery pick-up. I phoned again yesterday morning (Thursday) to inform them that they had forgotten me AGAIN. And no one had listened to the message to hear my frustrations. They just listened for the name and number and put it on a list for a call-back. And when the worker called me at 5:30 last night, I was really UPSET. Poor lady. She listened to me, which I really appreciated, so I could get it off my chest. She was so upset FOR me that she gave me her personal cell phone number in case it happens again.  She actually thought she was working ahead. She ends her shift at 5 o'clock but decided to work late to call the people who sent in "requests" that day. Instead she found out that I had been waiting for a call-back since Monday. The reason I like to use the on-line request form is because the auto-fill makes it faster and easier to fill the form, AND I get a confirmation number. (not that it has helped me at all) Now I am waiting by the window for my delivery because the last couple of times, they have not phoned ahead to notify me they are coming, which they are supposed to do. I don't want to find melted veggies on my doorstep 3 hours from now. I know it sounds like I am ungrateful, but I am just beyond frustrated. I'll get over it. 

I have not been sleeping well this week either, which is totally not like me. I can usually fall asleep anywhere and any time. My dad is still hanging in there. The nurse comes every day and we still see him everyday in our morning conference calls. I am using some of my nervous energy to find Trivia questions and  I may have enough to do two weeks worth. Because of Canada Day this past Wednesday, my questions deal with tourist attractions and places to see in our country. All one needs to do, is tell me in which province or territory they would need to go to see "X".  I hope it will be easier this week and a lot of fun. With out of country travel being restricted (for who knows how long), I am piquing their interest in some fascinating places they may want to visit should they be able to take a road trip someday.

It has been warm here for well over a week, with temperatures over 30 degrees and feeling closer to 40 degrees with the humidex. Forecasters are predicting the month of July being "much higher" than average. I think I will have some flowers later this summer as long as I keep watering. My red shamrocks don't seem too bothered by the heat, but I do keep them shaded. They are indoor plants that tend to do very well outside in the summer.

Yes, my woodwork needs a scrape and a paint...my steps, my deck, my fence. Hopefully I can get going on some of those jobs this summer. How are you all faring? Are you staying cool? Please stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have had to wait so long for your grocery order, Susan. It's a good thing you called again and that lady called you back! Hope it doesn't happen, again, but, if it does, you now have her number to call! Hopefully, you didn't have to wait too long for it to be delivered.

    I'm sure your father's health is also adding to your stress. It's good that the nurse is visiting daily and you are able to see him during your morning call. I think you need to share some of those trivia questions with the rest of us! I'm sure I will learn something about Canada. By the way, Canada's management of the Covid virus was held up as a success story and as an example of how it should be done, one one of the news programs I watch. They compared it to what is happening in the U.S. Your numbers are holding steady while ours are on a steep climb.

    Your red shamrocks look gorgeous! You are taking good care of them!

    It's still cooler than normal over here, although, according to the weather report, we are supposed to be 90F. Doesn't feel like that, to me! It's around 76F in the family room (around 25C, I think - at least, that's what it looks like to me), at almost 4:30 p.m. and I am wearing jeans, a cotton sweater, and socks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My groceries arrived between 4:30 and 5:00, which means I was the last delivery of the day. What a relief! I know they don't work over the weekend. This won't stop me from putting in another request on Monday however, since I had to drop a few items and change out my requests before they actually phoned to get my list.

    Ha. You are wearing jeans and a sweater in a house at 76 degrees. I have my house set at 75 with my A/C and fans blowing across me and complaining of the heat. I am wearing capris, cotton top and I am barefoot. In winter I set my house at 65 degrees. It is amazing how humans acclimatize to their environment. Have a good and safe Fourth of July holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete