Tuesday, July 14, 2020

More Home Deliveries

I have to stop going on-line. It is costing me money. I was back on Amazon a little while ago (when I was feeling anxious), and having a look around. Ha,ha. I ordered some more almond flour for baking my keto breads and rolls. I had just come back in the house from digging in the front flower bed and lamenting the condition of my shoes. I realized that once summer is gone and sandals cannot be worn any more, I don't have a decent pair of shoes to wear with socks.
They are still serviceable as work shoes. The soles are still good. But I really needed a pair of flats for the Fall. And since I was ordering shoes, I might as well order a new pair of winter boots since the last pair barely stayed together last winter. They are quite old.
 New loafers and good warm winter boots. This package arrived yesterday afternoon.
Last week I received more reusable single serve coffee filters for my Keurig machine and a large tub of dishwasher detergent.
On Sunday, I drove to Canadian Tire to receive a curbside pick-up. I'd bought 4 bags of mulch, 2 coco mats (only one is seen here as I planted one today with geraniums), a roll of landscape fabric, and a portable mosquito repeller to use outside in the area I am working or sitting.  My sister and "Dee" have these and they really work well. I'm also waiting on a 50 gallon rain barrel, 10 more bags of garden soil and 5 bags of manure. If all these on-line orders seem well intentioned, I guess they are. These are things that I have needed for a while.

Two days ago I "mapped out" the new flower bed in front of the house by laying down the concrete garden blocks I already had.
Today, I worked at removing the sod and sinking the blocks down to make the new garden wall two blocks high.
A work in progress...not quite finished. Eventually I need to screen the exposed topsoil, lay down the landscape fabric, and add the triple mix I will make with the order I'm waiting for. The rain barrel will go under the drain pipe and behind the A/C unit. Rain is expected tonight and tomorrow, so I will probably not get back outside until Thursday.
I may have to work with some of the papers, embossing folders and dies that have also been arriving in the mail. Did I forget to mention these? They were not needs...they were definitely wants. They will all be used and most were on sale, but totally a splurge. No more...please. I'm a weak, weak person.

Have a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I blame Covid for my heightened interest in online ordering. I guess I need to be thankful for all we are doing at Mom's house since I have little time to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems to be a big factor. I have to stay busy, stay off the on-line shopping sites, AND post a wish list on my fridge so that I can think about whether or not this is really something I need. It has worked for me in the past. I gather that your estate sale was just a mark in time. It seems you and your sister are just as busy as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all your purchases are items you really needed, yes, including the craft supplies, because card-making is a creative outlet for you and that's an important part of your over all well-being (just like vitamins and other supplements). :) I do like your new shoes and winter boots.

    Lots of progress being made in the front garden, I see. I like the layout of the new planting bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day started out with nice drizzly rain that got harder and more torrential as the day went on. I went out early to empty the back of my van of the four large bags of mulch I picked up on Sunday. I got a message that my bags of dirt and manure were ready to pick up, but by then the rain was really coming down. I've decided to pick it up tomorrow. Tonight we have had thunder storms and the power went out for a short while. Therefore, no work has been done on the garden today. As a bonus, neither have I ordered any more stuff on-line.

    ReplyDelete