Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thank you Nathalie

With Nathalie's help and informative post this morning about "How to fix your pictures..." 
 I am able to post a few more photos from my Kiwi Garden tour from the past weekend. Did I mention that I love birdhouses? Of course I have never bought one; but I really, really like them and I am always scouting for ideas for making my own. As you can see, these are not very useful as birdhouses, but still very decorative in the garden and you could still use the ideas to make a more functional one.
Who wouldn't want one of these moose heads hanging in their outdoor space?

 These are real functioning birdhouses. The door to clean them is on the bottom. This one is decorated with anything that has to do with doors and door locks. In the background you can see lots of different kinds of trellises.

These birdhouses were bolted to the top of a shovel, so they can be "planted" anywhere in the garden. Below you can see some more of those metal sculptures that I like, as well as the fish you would probably affix to a fence or exterior wall. 

I am afraid that we became so engrossed with the tour, that my son's GF forgot she was taking pictures for me, and I was so engaged that I wasn't reminding her. The next exhibit was hand blown glass bird feeders. They were exquisite, but that is the point at which we stopped taking photos and didn't think of it again until we ended the tour. It was my fault for not remembering to bring my camera. I should have put in IN my purse instead of on the table beside my water bottle. Oh well. Better some pictures than none at all. 

4 comments:

  1. I love everything you posted, thanks for sharing those with us! The shovel as the birdhouse stand was very inventive, wasn't it? I see things like these and I think "I could make one of those myself" and then, of course, I don't!

    Will you be making any of those? Those birdhouses with the stained glass are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always of the mind to take these ideas to make them myself. Sometimes in the Fall, after the temperatures have cooled down a bit and the garden doesn't need as much attention, I have done some woodworking projects with my husband. I have made wooden garden signs, garden art, wooden baskets made from wood slats, wooden planters and a large bird feeder; but I ended up giving them all away as Christmas gifts. I will see this Fall if I can't make some more projects on my own. I have the tools.

      Delete
  2. Love those birdhouses on top of the shovels! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your tour of Kiwi Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of these places don't allow you to take pictures to protect their artistry from people like me who will want to rip off their ideas. But these artists didn't seem to mind. They were very generous with their time and their skills. Besides, I will never be in the position of making these things to sell to other people. I will be lucky if I find the time to make ONE.

      Delete