Friday, June 2, 2017

Domestic Friday

I did some domestic arts today. *patting myself on the back*  Bless, over at Two Cents, asked just  this week if her readers kept their home "company ready" or if they needed company to motivate them to clean. Anyone who knows me at all will know what the answer to that question is.  My BIL and SIL who are visiting Kingston from Tampa Florida, announced last night that they would drop in on me today. This morning I got busy. I emptied the dishwasher and started filling it again right away as I cleared everything off my counters, scrubbed and disinfected them. I cleaned the inside of my microwave and cleaned the outside of my cock pot and toaster. Then I.....

vacuumed and wet mopped the kitchen, dining room, living room and front entrance room.

cleaned off the dining room table and put on a fresh tablecloth

did two huge loads of laundry and hung outdoors

changed out my bedsheets

sorted out the recycling and took outside to the Blue Box

filled another planter with garden soil, planted it up with red and white Portulaca, and placed in my front garden bed

prepared 3 birthday cards for the mail pickup

When my company arrived, they declined the invitation for lunch but had a cup of tea with me. It was indeed the motivation to get the floors done. I have been wanting to look after them for quite some time, but I have been busy with the yard work. Yesterday I ventured out into the veggie garden and got it half done.

The back of the garden was weeded yesterday. In the space are four of the Rubbermaid bins that I use for planting potatoes at the end of the garden. In the foreground, among the weeds, are several strawberry plants There are lots of green strawberries and still a lot of blooms. Once they are finished fruiting, I will transplant them into the large green barrels that you might have noticed along the side of the garden on the right. Tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely day and I plan on finishing up this garden bed.
 I forgot to show you my Bridal Veil spirea that is in full bloom this week.
These perennial Bachelor Buttons are popping up like weeds everywhere throughout my back yard.

Have a great weekend everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you went on a cleaning frenzy! LOL. I'm applauding your domestic Friday accomplishments! Now you get to sit back and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a day working outside mowing grass and weeding with my son and his GF, and then serving a roast turkey dinner, I am ready to stay indoors today and enjoy my Friday cleaning efforts. It is supposed to rain every day this week except Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete