Friday, June 9, 2017

Another Week Gone

I just can't believe how quickly this week has gone, let alone this year. It wasn't all work in the garden this week. I managed to have a couple of craft days where I was making more cards for my stash, because of the rain. And when it wasn't raining, I was pulling more weeds and cutting the lawns. I even managed to have a Domestic Thursday, where I managed to vacuum the upstairs. You know what that means? Yes, I am expecting company this weekend. My daughter and her two kids are arriving soon to spend the weekend with Grandma. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny and warm day, perfect for drying 3 loads of laundry on the clothes line. Today, my friend from Charleston Lake was going to come out to help me put in my veggie garden, but I called to cancel. It will get done in due course, but it is far more important to see my family than worry about putting in vegetables. I can't even keep the flower beds weeded at this point.

And speaking of family, my son and his GF came out after work yesterday to paint a mirror frame they were given and a night side table that  they were lucky enough to find at a Thrift Store. It perfectly matched one they already have, but was a different colour.....white enamel spray paint to the rescue. I had planned on using up the last two flat breads to make pizza for myself, so I quickly changed the menu to an oven pasta dish and invited them to stay for dinner.

This morning I left for Napanee by 8 AM. My plan was to hit Giant Tiger first for their specials and then on to No Frills for the rest of the groceries on my list. As you will see, these are not my usual groceries. I try to buy some treats to entice my grand kids  to eat something that I make. Obviously I am not the cook their mother is. Even when I buy the same thing as my daughter, they always eye it suspiciously. I shouldn't try so hard because I will never win.

Frozen foods cost $32.70

Meat and substitutes cost $43.18

Dairy cost $12.48

Produce cost $26.02

Pantry items cost only  $6.26

Breads cost $6.26

Non-food items and snacks cost a total of $16,27
 Total cost of this morning's grocery shop with tax was $147.85  Except for bread, milk and maybe more eggs, I will not need to shop for several weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your daughter and grandkids are coming to visit you. Is this the same daughter you visited a few weeks ago to help celebrate a grandson's birthday? If your grandkids won't eat what you cook, then, maybe you should just relax and let your daughter do the cooking for you! I think that's what I would do! Hope you have a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is my family from Bradford who I visited on my own just a short time ago. Apparently the grandson who just turned six has been driving his parents crazy with daily reminders that he is going to live with his grandma. He was prepared to stay this weekend, but I told him he needed to go back for his very important Kindergarten graduation later this month. Perhaps he and his sister could stay by themselves for a few days this summer.

    ReplyDelete