Friday, July 25, 2014

One of my day lilies in the foreground with purple liatris (Gay Feather) in the background.
I went in first thing this morning, as soon as the stores opened, to pick up my grand-daughter's birthday presents.  We are going to Oshawa tomorrow morning for her birthday party. It will be her first party with school friends present. She will be turning five on the last day of July, but this party is all about "My Little Pony". She is pony-crazy and has been for over a year, so it is almost impossible to buy her something that she doesn't already have, so I made sure I got a gift receipt at Toys R Us. Unfortunately, I could not find any books at either WalMart or Toys R Us. I settled for a colouring and activity book from WalMart. I looked for pajamas and T-shirts as well....none. But I was far more successful at Toys R Us. I found a 100 piece puzzle and  a memory game (that we can play with together), a beanie baby of one of her favourite characters, a small Pony surprise package, and an activity centre for her Ponies with 25 accessories. Everything will be wrapped in tissue in a great big "My Little Pony" gift bag. My daughter will curse me next week, as all those little plastic pony  pieces get sucked up the vacuum cleaner. But I think I am allowed because I am a Grandma. 

I spent 3 or more hours weeding in the front yard and gardens. Doesn't even look like I touched it. I figure I need another 3 or 4 days to finish it. I trimmed around the lawn and cut down some of my perennials that are finished for the summer. I need to prune back some of the shrubs and pull out a lot of plants because the gardens just look overgrown. And as always, there is still the driveway that needs doing.  And everything is so DRY. I'll be glad to see that rain this weekend. I got a dark load of laundry hanging outside today because I know I won't be doing it in the next couple of days. We had Tuna casserole last night with an Alfredo sauce I made with cream cheese and Parmesan. It was really tasty. I might make Shipwreck casserole tonight. Have a great weekend everyone. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment