Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The birthday party

Black-eyed Susans (Rudbeckia) I personally prefer the name brown-eyed Susans. They surely look like brown centres to me. Daisies are my favourite kind of flower.

The birthday party on Saturday was a great success. My daughter put so much work into the preparation, and it really showed. Someday when my granddaughter looks back on the photographs, she will be amazed. 

Rarity's boutique was set up so the birthday guests could dress up in all their pony finery. My daughter sewed up some clip-on pony ears, and provided coloured hair extensions, rings, bracelets, necklaces, sunglasses, hats  and cutie marks (tattoos) so they  (and their mothers) could become  their favourite pony character. Next to the boutique, was the rainbow photo booth where they all had their pictures taken. 

The "posters" and candy banner were printed from the internet. Just look at Sugar Cube Corner. Doesn't it look scrumptious? The kids had shishkabobs made with chunks of turkey, cherry tomatoes and slices of bread and cheese cut into shapes of flowers, hearts and stars. Macaroni and cheese was baked  in muffin tins.  So cute. The adults made sandwich buns with lunch meat, sliced cheese, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce and the like, with a tray of crudities and dip on the side. There was also chips, juice and pop available. 

These are some of the pony characters...Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack,  Fluttershy, Rarity, and  Twilight Sparkle. My daughter baked and decorated these sugar cookies herself, and no...it wasn't a kit. 


Her birthday cupcakes were rainbow cakes. She is so talented. They were a hit!
I learned that nowadays when a child has a party, the parent (usually the mom) comes to the party with them. No more dropping the kids off at someone's house and coming back later for them. It makes a lot of sense in this day and age. I suppose that will change as they get older and make lasting friendships, and it is a great way for the parents to make new friendships as well. So with this being my granddaughter's FIRST friend party, I think my daughter put a lot of expectation and stress upon herself. But I can assure you. She exceeded all expectations.  I am sure the next one will be far more relaxed. But it was a resounding success, and everybody had a great time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment