Thursday, January 8, 2015

Getting ready for travel

Half a dishcloth.
I  started knitting last night. Once I get started,  it really goes quickly and then my goal is to get to the midway point. Tonight I can start decreasing stitches until it is finished. I have been gifted these in the past and I just love them, as dishrags or cleaning rags. So that is the crafting I did yesterday, and probably for today as well. 

I have not washed any doors today..... yet. I don't know  whether I am up to it. We will see. There is only one more french door leading from the dining room to the hallway that goes upstairs. If you have been counting, besides the main pair of french doors that I washed yesterday, there are four other french doors leading off of the dining room. I like the look of them, but they are miserable to keep clean. 

My organizing today was to go through my under the bed storage where I keep my off-season clothes. I tried on everything to see what still fits me (I have gained a lot of weight) I washed a load of whites and lights. . They were already clean before I packed them, but I thought I would freshen them up. I have two bathing suits which I plan to wear most of the time, 2 pairs of capris and 3 pairs of  Bermuda shorts, a couple of dresses, and some loose fitting tops as well as T shirts. I should probably remove half of that as that is what is recommended by the experts. 

As my maintenance and preparedness,  I put a few first aid items together as well....Tylenol, bandaids, Polysporin, Aloe Vera gel, cough and cold tablets, antiseptic wipes, gauze, tape and scissors. I need to buy some Immodium. These may be hard to come by, or are very expensive in Cuba. I will also bring small sample sized toiletries, kleenex and hand sanitizers as well, just in case. I have heard that public toilets are not well equipped. ( I don't know if that is true but I have been to Mexico and I know that sometimes that is the case). I have packed sun block and bug spray, made sure I have my passport, OHIP card and out-of-country health card from Queen's, and I will check Google to see if there is something important I have forgotten. I am beginning to get excited. I don't leave until Tuesday, but it was suggested that I start packing now.

Last night we ate leftovers. Tonight I am baking a turkey casserole with some of the Christmas leftovers. Yesterday was the coldest day yet of the season and today they are calling for a lot of snow for the Kingston area later this afternoon.    




No comments:

Post a Comment