Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm back in more ways than one


Memories Caribe Beach resort
This should be a photo of my Cuban toilet because I spent a lot of time with it on the  last two days of my holiday; but, I didn't take a lot of photos of my inside surroundings. I did spend some time in my room however, and it was lovely. Unfortunately for my father and myself, we did get ill....my father was worse off than me. But I will be eternally grateful to the Cuban doctor who got me home (eleven hours of travel, in all) without incident. I have been slowly on the mend since Wednesday. And I am grateful to my father's wife "Dee" who did not get sick but played nursemaid to us both. The rooms were so quiet and peaceful. The paint colours reminded me of the beach. I had a large sitting area and a table and chairs outside on the balcony for morning coffee. Even though the last two days were a "write-off" so to speak, I had a wonderful time and would go back in an instant. I love Cuba. 
Outside my door. 
Whether lounging by the pool, taking a dip, going to one of the many bars for "pina coloda without rum please", watching the entertainment by the pool, or running over to the snack bar, everything was within easy access from this spot. From this photo you can only see the swim up bar, but right behind my lounge chair was another, that also gave out fried Cuban delicacies that were slightly sweet and cinnamon(y). "Dee" was addicted to these. On the other side of the swim up bar, behind the stage, was an inside bar that also served up mounds of french fries and pizza constantly for their Canadian tourists. 
Or you could walk down to the beach and spend a few hours. Kids loved this beach, as they could walk out forever before the water got up to their knees. Remember the colours inside my room???
And of course, there was a bar and eating area down here as well. Lots of shade so that we didn't burn ourselves to a crisp, for those who wanted shade. That would be me.  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment