Monday, January 5, 2015

Sunny and -11 degrees COLD

Six pounds of carrots, peeled and sliced for the freezer.
I started my morning with organizing some boxes in my bedroom. It was really starting to bug me. Just before Christmas as I was cleaning up the downstairs and putting up decorations after clearing off surfaces, the most logical place to dump all that stuff was my bedroom...boxes and rubber maid bins of stuff, including the paper, ribbons and tape from last minute gift wrapping. Don't tell me I am the only one who does this. Basically I needed to empty the boxes and move the contents to their rightful place, so I didn't find a lot to purge today. (some garbage and one thing for the yard sale)  It isn't finished yet, but the goal is to organize some every day so that I don't get burned out. Then because I was working in my room, I decided to wash two doors...my bathroom door and my bedroom door (both sides). And since I was using vinegar and a cleaning cloth I wiped down my sink and the toilet. I threw a load of whites into the washer and brought down all the garbage to the bin outside. 

My husband came back with my son from Kingston and a small amount of groceries that I asked him to pick up from Freshco. He spent $26.65 on more potatoes, toilet paper, more onions and carrots (only 99 cents per bag), cabbage, tomato paste, sugar, milk, bread, and dishwasher tablets. Have I told everyone that I am going to Cuba next week with my Dad? It is really really exciting, but I have barely had time to think about it or plan for it. I need to prepare a few  meals for the boys while I am away. The dishwasher tabs are mainly for them. I have never been to Cuba before. Any suggestions for what I can take with me? For part of my maintenance and preparedness, I peeled and cut all the carrots for the freezer. I only kept out some for my hamburger casserole tonight. (sliced onion, sliced carrot, sliced potatoes, diced celery and frozen peas and a can of tomato soup and water over all the veggies and cooked meat for one hour in a 375 degree oven)

Tonight while relaxing in front of  the TV, I will hem a pair of black dress pants and repair a seam on another cushion that has come apart. I don't know whether or not I will do any crafting.  ( I did 4 cards yesterday. That should count for a while)  If I do some more crafting, I will tell you tomorrow.  



No comments:

Post a Comment