Tuesday, January 6, 2015


Kielbasa stew in the crockpot.
I began the day by making dinner for tonight. Chunks of potato, onion, carrot, some tomato  and cabbage have been slowly cooking all day. I will add chunks of kielbasa in the last 1/2 hour of cooking, just to warm through. Usually the vegetables stew together and create their own nice broth, but tonight I will add some brown gravy that I made from my homemade brown gravy mix.  While I am away, the boys can heat up the frozen roast pork left over from Christmas Eve dinner and some of the gravy I made this afternoon, to have a nice roast pork dinner. This is the work I did today for preparedness.  

I washed two more doors today. Both of them are what I consider to be the worst in the house. They are both white painted french doors leading off of the dining room...one to the kitchen and one to the front room where we keep the dog locked up while we are eating. It is also the room that we enter the house and where I keep the computer desk. I scrubbed down both sides with a scrubby and hot soapy water, then went over it again with the Windex and paper towel. The whole time I was aware of the fact that both could use another coat of paint. The dog has really done a number on the woodwork with his sharp claws. 

My organizing today consisted of moving around a few more things.  I took down my inside Christmas decorations before New Year's, but I hadn't put away all the bins yet. I went through some of my Christmas stuff before it goes back into the attic, or the basement, to pull out a few things I could part with in the Yard sale. I also cleaned off my dresser. I haven't dusted yet...maybe before bed. I have not brought in the outdoor decorations yet. 

Last night I made a birthday card. I have a lot of birthdays in February, plus valentines to make when I get back from holiday. I took this photo a second before the cat jumped up into the picture. This is the only crafting I did....nothing today so far. I also did not do that hemming and mending I planned to do last night. 

In the financial picture, my husband had to go to Napanee. He picked up some more items on my shopping list. He spent $10.95 on Kraft peanut butter (only $1.97 for a kg jar this week. A great stock up price), a case of Kraft dinner, and frozen broccoli and cauliflower. He spent $18.45 at Giant Tiger. They are having an 88 cent sale, so he picked up 6 tins of Primo spaghetti sauce, a package of chicken wieners, chicken bologna, and 6 Maple Leaf chicken pot pies. For $1.88 each, he bought 2 boxes of Quaker granola bars and one Highliner package of 6 garlic and herb fish fillets (I should have asked for more). If you are keeping track, that is just $56 for groceries this week. But remember I spent almost $30 on my on-line stamp order. Boo-hiss. So I am actually over my $75 household budget for this week.  I will maybe make that up next week when I am away, and hopefully the boys will not need to spend much more on bread and milk. I am liking this accountability venture I am on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment