Friday, March 20, 2015

Not so Frugal, but necessary

My new Hoover Air vacuum cleaner

You might remember before Christmas that I mentioned my Electrolux  vacuum was on the fritz. It was going to cost too much to fix it and it was right BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I decided that I could get away with using my Electrolux Upright and that is exactly what I have been using except for the intermittent borrowing of a canister vacuum from a neighbour in order to vacuum the stairs and to get in close to the baseboards and all the other reasons that you need a wand and hose attachments.  Well I finally had enough. Canadian Tire was selling this  $300 Hoover for $200, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I love it and I am glad I bought it. It has great suction and NO BAGS to buy. I christened it this afternoon. 

I have a pot of pea soup on the stove, simmering for supper. I am cutting up a baguette (from this morning's Costco pickup) and making garlic toast to go with it. I have all the kids' Easter cards mailed out, and I have even started to clean off the dining room table yet again. I will be leaving for Vancouver  in a little over a week, so I will start to make my lists again of what I want accomplished each day before I go. The snow is melting from the front of the house and the driveway, but the back yard is still piled high. I cannot see any grass back there yet. Heck. I can't even get off my deck because the snow is still higher than the top of my boots. But it sure feels like Spring is coming. It is the first day of Spring after all....and the UN has decreed today as the International Day of Happiness. So smile everyone and have a great week-end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment