Monday, June 29, 2015

Fairies and Pirates

Golden Marguerites
I am back again. My daughter's move went smoothly, but it took all day Wednesday. The movers arrived at 8 AM to pick up the load and at 5:20 PM, they brought in the last item at the new house. By the time my grandkids arrived at 5:30. I had their beds made up for them. While the movers were still there, my SIL got a message that his dishwasher, dryer and washing machine would not be installed until this coming Friday. And if that were not bad enough, his fridge and stove were on back-order and wouldn't be arriving until mid July. What fun. They will be cooking with a 2 burner hot plate, a BBQ, a crock pot and their microwave. They are back to using the bar fridge from their student days. 
In the meantime, the kids and I played long hours of mermaids and sharks and fairies and pirates. I was always "the bad guy" and my job was basically to terrorize them into squeals of delight. That meant capturing them, putting them in a cage and eating their toes. My daughter told me today that my 4 year old grandson slept for three hours yesterday afternoon. I guess I tired him out. On the other hand, I brought home a nasty head cold. 

Pink potentilla shrub
The rain has been relentless lately. Today we had a few sunny breaks, but the grass wasn't really dry enough for me to mow. Plus I wasn't feeling up to snuff. The weeds are worse than ever. I have my work cut out for me if the weather ever clears up. 

On the bright side, I only had one "spend" day this past week. I put $40 gas in the Jeep when I got back. I received a rebate cheque in the mail for $9.88 to put in my "Found money" jar. I made 3 cards and put them in the mail today. And how was your week?



1 comment:

  1. You are such a good grandma! You must have been exhausted yourself. I hope your head cold clears up soon. Don't overdo it with all the weeding... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete