Monday, June 22, 2015



Pink Peony bush

Tomorrow morning I leave on the bus for Oshawa.  My daughter and her husband are getting ready to move to their new home in Bradford, and my job will be to entertain and distract my grand kids. In preparation for my leaving, I prepared  some cold salads for the boys. I made potato salad to go with hamburgers and a pasta salad to go with some Italian sausage. My husband will use the BBQ or the indoor grill so as not to heat up the kitchen. They can pull  some hot dogs and homemade baked beans from the freezer, or some sliced dinner ham left over from a couple of weeks ago. I know they won't starve. I have left them a lot of suggestions for  quick and easy meals for the hot weather we have been having. Tonight I grilled  and sliced some chicken breasts and served them over a fresh salad made from one of the romaine lettuces that I harvested from MY GARDEN. I added some grape tomatoes I was gifted from a friend on Friday morning, as well as some diced yellow pepper. 

Another $2.27 went into my "found money" change jar this week. I decided that whatever money I find is going into the jar...not just nickles and dimes. 

I received three "freebies" in the mail this week...a bottle (24 count) of Tylenol for arthritis caplets, a sample package of 2 Cascade Platinum dishwasher gel packs and a small tube of  Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste. I love FREE. 

I bought 8 lbs of hamburger for $20 at Giant Tiger today. That was a great bargain. Not so frugal.....I bought a red pair of capris and a pair of red canvas sneakers. As you know, I needed to get new working shoes; but, I bought the red capris for Canada Day celebrations, which wasn't really necessary. I just wanted them. I should have slept on it, but I am leaving town so I bought on impulse. Anyways, I am off. Will write when I get back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment