Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

The card I made for my Sweetie Pie

I wasn't feeling too chipper yesterday. I think I got too much sun on Friday when I spent three hours outside weeding some of my garden beds. I felt good afterwards...a little tired maybe. But it caught up with me yesterday. I spent the day sorting out my guest bedroom and vacuuming the downstairs. I also dried two huge loads of laundry on my clothesline and got them folded and put away. Then I slept for three hours in the afternoon. And still, I had no problem sleeping through the night until 8 o'clock this morning. I guess I needed the sleep. 

Companula. I have lots of blue and white.

We are looking for more rain this afternoon with thunderstorm activity, so I am not venturing outside today. I would love to get more weeding and pruning done, but with the overcast skies  and humid temperatures, the mosquitoes will probably be lying in wait. I may vacuum upstairs or clean some bathrooms. Decisions. Decisions. So many choices to spend my Sunday. 


One of the Canadian Explorer series of roses ( I think John Cabot rose) has grown wild on me, but I still allow it to grow in my front lawn. I cut it back very hard in the Fall to keep it "sorta" contained. Cutting the grass around it seems to take care of the suckers from taking over. It is still a pretty rose bush. 

The common Primrose is growing in the background behind my Coral Bells.

This garden bed is at the end of our gravel driveway, in front of a five foot fence that badly needs paint. Every year is a constant struggle to keep the weeds out of the gravel driveway. I spent two days this past week pulling weeds and pouring  salt and vinegar to keep them from coming back. Someday I hope to put more gravel down, OR pave it with asphalt or cement. 


I have worn through my summer working shoes. That is my little piggie trying to escape out the side. For working in the garden, I love to wear canvas slip-on shoes. For going in and out of the house, they are so easy to slip on and off and they are very comfortable for pushing the lawn mower and for getting down and dirty in the garden beds. My husband would say that they are just finally broken in, but I say that I may be forced to buy another pair soon. Canvas shoes are generally very cheap to replace. 

For all you dads out there, wishing you a wonderful day today. Everybody else, enjoy doing what you love and may all of you have a great rest of the week-end. Bye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment