Monday, November 21, 2016

Daybook: Monday, November 21/16


Outside my window.....there is snow. The sidewalk plow just went by, the highway plow has been going up and down the roadway since yesterday morning when the snow started to fall, and there is a person across the road shoveling out the driveway. I cannot tell if it is a man or woman since they are bundled up so well against the blowing snow. There isn't as much white stuff on the road as there was yesterday because the plows have laid down so much sand and salt, that the pavement is just very slushy and dirty looking right now.

I am thinking..... that this snowy weather came upon us so incredibly fast. On Friday we were enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures of 50 plus degrees Fahrenheit. On Saturday morning when we went over on the Ferry to Amherst Island, none of us could get over how perfect the weather was for the Christmas Craft sale. When we returned at 3 PM, the winds were whipping around us, the sun was gone, and the temperatures had plummeted.

I am thankful for.....my son and his GF for shoveling out the driveway for us. I am also thankful for a nice warm house with enough food here that we don't have to go out today in this weather.

From the kitchen.....the dishwasher is ready to be turned on at 11 AM.  I have some ingredients out on the counter to make a pot of homemade soup in a beef broth. The dog will need more biscuits made this afternoon.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, a pink 3/4 sleeve T-shirt and socks and slippers.

I am creating.....eleven Christmas cards and a "Congratulations on your New Home" card. I have been commissioned to make these cards. As soon as those are finished, I need to get back to making more birthday and Thank you card sets for gifting at Christmas.

I am going..... nowhere today. I will be busy in my Craft Room.

I am hoping.....to finish cleaning my bedroom and Master bath this week. I started yesterday by purging some of the boxes of stuff that have taken up residence in my room. I have packed away our summer wardrobe and have pulled out warmer clothes for the winter. I still need to dust and vacuum and clean the bathroom. If there is time to purge the closet and dresser drawers, I would love to get that done, but it may have to wait for the New Year.

I am hearing.....the television on and the occasional sound of tires on the wet slushy pavement.

Around the house.....I have already sorted the recycling into the outdoor bins and emptied all the wastebaskets into the garbage can outside ready for collection this week. I am catching up with the laundry. I need to get started on cleaning and decorating each downstairs room, but it won't be this week.  Tomorrow or Wednesday, it is supposed to warm up a little bit. If it is enough to melt some of the snow, I will use that day to hang a few outdoor lights and decorations. In the meantime, I will concentrate on making my cards.

 One of my favourite things.....today especially, is a deep purple winter jacket that "Dee" gave me this Spring when my Sweetie and I were driving back from Vancouver. It is really warm, has a detachable hood with fake fur around it, and the price was excellent...free.

A few plans for the rest of this week......include an appointment for my Sweetie with the eye doctor on Wednesday and his appointment with the Urologist on Thursday. I will also have to pick up a few groceries sometime during the week.

Here is a picture I am sharing....





2 comments:

  1. Looks like winter has arrived! Brr...it looks cold!

    How did you do at the crafts sale? Did your cards sell? They must have, if you received a commission to make more!

    Hope you have a lovely day and a productive week ahead. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the commission came from another source (the wife of one of my husband's friends). I made the cards this past weekend for a consignment shop on the Island, which is too bad because I had several offers of sale before I even took them in. Unfortunately, I found out that the shop was only open this weekend and now will be closed for the winter. I don't know why I was asked to bring in Christmas cards if they were closing this week. So I have asked for their return, now that I have a paying customer. I don't know if I have sold any, so I will make a few more. My customer will be able to pick the dozen that she wants, and I will use the extras to send out myself.

    ReplyDelete