Monday, November 28, 2016

Daybook: Monday, November 28/16

Outside my window.....it is mainly cloudy and mild. The sun has tried to come out and stay out several times, but rain is going to move into our area. Most of the snow from last week is gone and there are still no outdoor decorations out.

I am thinking.....I will get started this week putting up decorations as things settle down a bit.

I am thankful for.....the young Resident in the Transplant clinic this morning who listened to our concerns over the past year. He wrote out a referral to the dermatologist to have lesions looked at on my Sweetie's shoulder and back. He conferred with the doctor in charge for the addition of magnesium tablets to his medications. These had been recommended in the past but nothing was done about it. And he also arranged with the person in charge of giving blood transfusions to call us by this week to arrange times to come in and get the injections until his iron has come up to a reasonable level. This was also suggested before but cancelled with no explanation. My Sweetie has been on 300 units of iron pills 3 times a day for close to 16 months with no change. Before we left, he came back into the room and showed us the three separate sheets to prove that he had done what he said he was going to do.

From the kitchen.....there is absolutely nothing going on.

I am wearing...... blue jeans, a white long sleeved blouse and a  teal blue infinity scarf.

I am creating ......more birthday and thank you cards for gifting.

I am going.....to my brother's and SIL's house in Smith Falls within the hour. We have been invited for dinner when I pick up a wheelchair they have offered to us for use during the Radiation treatments.

I am hoping.....that my Sweetie's transplanted kidney will not suffer too much abuse during the Cancer treatments. It will be hard not to escape any.

I am hearing.....the sound of the blower on our gas furnace pumping warm air throughout the house. The dishwasher is finishing up its cycle, and the TV is turned down low while my Sweetie is having a short nap.

Around the house.....there is lots of housework to be done, but it will have to wait another day.

One of my favourite things.....is seeing my grand kids. We got to do that yesterday, when the two of us drove to Oshawa to meet my daughter and her family at Swiss Chalet for lunch and to exchange Christmas gifts. I gave the kids their Advent Calendars and stocking gifts to their mom and dad. And for the first time, we were also given Advent Calendar gifts to open during the month of December. What a great surprise. The kids had helped to decorate the small gift bags that hold little treasures. I will fill you in on what they are as we open them. So exciting. It was so nice to see them again.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include an appointment with assistive devices tomorrow afternoon, followed by the first radiation treatment. There will be radiation every day this week, and after Friday's session we will have the first blood transfusion (3 hours for the blood). That will be a long afternoon, but there is nothing on Saturday and Sunday, hospital-wise. I will be attending the night-time Santa Claus parade with a group of girl friends on Saturday. We will have an early dinner in Napanee and maybe do a little downtown shopping before the parade begins.

Here is a picture I am sharing..... an outdoor decoration I bought at the Craft Show last weekend.





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a doctor who is actually following through and making sure your Sweetie is getting the care he needs. What a blessing!

    Glad too, you got to see your daughter and grand children. How lovely that you were given Advent calendar gifts of your own, in return! I'm looking forward to you sharing your gifts with us! Each one will be like a kiss from them, won't it?

    I hope the week ahead will be a good one for you and your Sweetie. That the treatments will go well and there will be minimal side effects. I wish you the strength and endurance, both physical and mental, you'll need to do all what you have to do and go through. I'm glad you've scheduled an outing with friends. Continue to take care of yourself. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Bless, we may never see this doctor again. Each clinic visit brings another doctor. We never know who we are going to see. My husband jokes that it could be the janitor for all we know. That is what I find so distasteful about this "Team" approach. It means to me that no one doctor is responsible for his care, and his treatment is therefore inconsistent. But I have ranted about this before. I did really like this doctor though.

      "Each one will be like a kiss from them, won't it?" What an adorable thought. You are absolutely right. I love it. We can't help but be connected every single day throughout December. Than you for the well wishes and the hugs.

      Delete