Monday, November 7, 2016

Daybook Monday: November 7/16

November 7th?? Are you kidding me. I have already lost a whole week in the month and wasn't aware of it.

Outside my window.....it is sunny and cold. I still see my petunias alive in my planters and there is still some lavender blooms in the front flower bed. The grass needs cutting, but I don't think I will be getting around to it. It will be covered with snow soon enough.

I am thinking.....that I never got around to writing a blog post on Friday about my goals. I should at least attempt that today, as I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants. There is so much to do, I don't know where to prioritize.

I am thankful for.....all my friends. I spent Saturday with a lot of them. I went to the Tea Room to celebrate a birthday lunch with a group of long-time friends and then I went over to Amherst Island to do crafting with some more close friends.

From the kitchen.....I have a dishwasher full of dishes to turn on after 11 A.M. I realized this morning that starting November first, the high rates for Hydro have switched to 7 AM to 11AM. The mid rates are now 11 to 5 PM. They have completely switched around, just to keep us on our toes. I took a bag of apple slices out of my freezer yesterday. I will make a pie or some apple crumble. I need to make another pot of soup for the week, and I have a 1/4 turkey defrosting, which I will roast tonight for dinner.

I am wearing..... jeans, gray socks, and a purple polka dot cotton knit top.

I am creating.....cards this week. I need to make greeting cards to gift at Christmas. Also, this past Saturday, I was told that the resident card maker on Amherst Island has moved away from the area. She used to sell her wonderful homemade cards at the gift shop on the Island. With the Christmas Craft sale in two weeks, I was asked if I would please consider making up a few Christmas cards for sale. So I will oblige. It might be the start of a small business (that I never was looking for, but for which a lot of people have encouraged me to try). I will see how the market responds to my work.

I am going......to make plans to get some domestic work done today. It has been so long since I have had any time to vacuum, or fold laundry, or wash down surfaces. I need to make a to-do list and tackle it.

I am hoping.....to get the Advent calendars and small stocking gifts out in the mail to Vancouver this week. I hope to make a huge dent in the housework and my homemade gifts that need to get done.

I am hearing.....my cat Brucie in the same room as I. He seems to be finding it hard to settle down for his nap. I can hear cars driving by on the highway and the hum of the computer.

Around the house.....there is lots of housework that needs doing. My craft room needs to be straightened up before I start making cards again. I have lots of wrapping paper, ribbons, and general wrapping from the Advent gifts that I have finally finished.

One of my favourite things.....this time of year is the annual Island Craft Show and the crafting event that takes place beforehand to make up some gifts for sale.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....center around a 5 hour appointment on Thursday for a bone scan for my Sweetie. It will be another long day.

Here is a picture I am sharing....of some of our crafts we made on Saturday afternoon. We made granola snowmen, lego boxes filled with chocolate, little knit stockings for candy or small gifts (like nail polish or lip balm, etc.) We are selling them with candy. We made the little teapots filled with 3 tea bags in each, candy sleighs, and reindeer soap. 





6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you get to try to sell some of your cards, even though I know you said you didn't want to do that because then it'd feel like "work" and not fun. I hope you can keep it fun too. It might be a nice distraction while you're waiting for various test results and hey, the money might be nice too!

    I feel like you today, so many chores and I'm not even sure how to prioritize. Well, it wasn't the dirty dishes, they're still sitting on my counter. Sometimes I wish our rates would vary like yours, that way I'd have to do them by a specific time! I did manage to get the laundry done and most of it is hanging outside because I managed to talk myself into hanging it instead of just showing it in the dryer with Greg's Tshirts. I don't feel like doing much today.

    The crafts you ladies made look stupendous! How adorable! I always like the little teapots with the teabags. You just gave me an idea to make one for my BFF as I know she drinks tea! Woohoo! I'll bake some cookies on the side for her and that could be a nice Xmas present for her. The reindeer soaps are adorable.

    Good luck with that very long appointment on Thursday. 5 hours... oof! Are you going to have to go feed the meter constantly? Remember to pack drinks and snacks so you don't buy anything :)

    I just redid my kitchen wall calendar for the month and realized that I have another vet appointment with the kittens this Friday for their 2nd series of shots. So I will have to get dressed on Friday after all, lol. I was kind of hoping I could spend the week in my PJs :)

    Enjoy your day, today. Say hi to Mr. Sweetie for me. I hope he's feeling well these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wanted to spend the week in your PJ's. *snort* That is wishful thinking if ever I heard it.

    My Sweetie is feeling better. He is staying awake for longer and longer periods of time during the day. He actually gets some small chores done that he has planned out. They are not big jobs yet, but it is great to see him making plans. This morning, he cut 12 pieces of 2x2s of varying lengths for me to paint for a Christmas project. On Saturday, he took my car up to a friend's house. The friend jacked up the car and removed the tire, but my hubby cleaned and adjusted the caliper and tested the brake for me. So he does what he can. He is definitely regaining some stamina.

    Well I did make a housekeeping list and worked on it until 2 o'clock, and then called it quits. This is the only way I am going to accomplish any housework this week. If I have any energy in the afternoons, I will try to make one or two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your husband is feeling better. Hope the bone scan goes well.

    I am also glad to read that you spent some time having tea and crafting with friends. Love all the items you made, especially the reindeer soaps and the candy sleighs. How nice to be asked to make cards for sale! I think you should give it a try. I'm sure they will sell well.

    Oh, yes, the ever present list of housework! It never ends, does it? Hope you have a wonderful week, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the full body scan went well. I choose to believe that it did because we haven't heard back from the surgeon. I am kind of thinking that had it not been good, we may not have got the bone scan this week. Although I am pretty sure that you can guess why these tests are being done, I will let you in on the results (good or bad) when we see the surgeon again on November 24.

      We always have such a lovely time getting together to craft, and the other women seem to enjoy this annual craft and potluck supper just before Christmas. It is the kick start we need to prepare for the holidays.

      Delete
  4. Those little items are so cute!!! I love the lego boxes and the tea pot items because I haven't seen them before. The snowman are super cute! I need to start getting creative for school gifts but I am thinking of taking the easy way out with some candles that I have in storage and having my kid make a tag for it to put a bow through. Done with no need to actually wrap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great gift and your son may really enjoy making the tag. It can be as simple or as lavish as he likes.

      Both the lego boxes and the tea pots are free printable templates found on-line. So easy to do.

      Delete