Monday, November 7, 2016

Domestic Monday and October goals



After I wrote my Daybook, I.....

  • washed two dishwasher loads of dirty dishes 
  • brought down the upstairs garbage and put it outside in the garbage bin with the kitchen garbage
  • sorted through the kitchen recycling and put cans, plastic and glass outside into the blue box
  •  cleaned the downstairs kitty litter box
  • sorted all the newspapers and cardboard for the gray box and shredded some papers
  • added the kitchen compost to the outside compost bin
  • cleaned off the dining room table
  • vacuumed the computer room, dining room, living room and kitchen, hallway and carpeted stairs
  • unpacked a plastic bin containing Christmas table cloths, napkins and runners into a single drawer
  • washed two loads of laundry and folded one load from yesterday
  • scrubbed the kitchen sink and cleared the drain with baking soda and vinegar followed by boiling water from the kettle
  • read some blog posts that I missed from the weekend
  • roasted a 1/4 turkey, made cauliflower with cheese and mashed potatoes with gravy and cranberry sauce
  • refrigerated all the meat  and put the bones and drippings in the crock pot with water to make soup stock overnight
My October goals:

  • spend time outdoors every week pruning shrubs, mowing the lawn and/or pulling weeds 
Since I was still harvesting veggies from my garden as late as October 16th, I was outdoors every week. I mowed the grass once during the month. I have not done much outdoors since the middle of the month. 
  • deep clean the dining room
Not done
  • deep clean the living room
Not done
  • deep clean the master bedroom and bath
Not done
  •  spend time every week doing crafts, paying special attention to Christmas gifts 
My Advent calendars are done for the four youngest grand children. The older two will receive money instead. I have been working at making greeting cards to give away as sets for Christmas gifts. 

Because of my Sweetie's illness and consequent 12 days in hospital, I was unable to accomplish all the goals I set out for myself for the month of October. My priority was for the completion of the Advent calendars, which I was able to do. 
Tomorrow I will come up with goals for the month of November.  

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, but you were busy! You got a lot done, yesterday! Those deep cleaning goals can wait until things slow down on the health front. Clean just before you decorate for the holidays (if you decorate) or wait and do spring cleaning! Looking forward to reading your November goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh. That is what I did last year. I cleaned the dining room...then decorated it. Then I would move on to the next room, and so on. Wasn't really my idea of deep-cleaning, but it got the job done. You are right though. Things will slow down hopefully in January, so I could start cleaning and purging then when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete