Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My November Goals

The oak tree in my neighbour's back yard is my favourite tree in Autumn

Homemade turkey vegetable soup

Yesterday I busied myself with making cards. I decided that I should keep going making birthday and thank you cards for sets to gift at Christmas. The first thing I had to do was tidy up my crafting table which was covered with the wrappings from the Advent calendars. I had done lots of housework the day before on Domestic Monday, so I was not feeling like continuing along that line again. So crafting cards was an easy choice. I spent most of the day doing that.

I had simmered what was left of the turkey in the crock pot overnight. At eleven o'clock I added some diced onion and celery, some frozen veggies that I brought home last week from Special meals, a container of black beans from the freezer, a few cherry tomatoes and a couple of big handfuls of small shell pasta. I enjoyed a couple of bowls of that for my lunch. Last night's dinner was easy. We had leftovers of turkey and gravy from the night before. I boiled some more potatoes and some burgundy beans from the freezer. I also made an apple crisp for dessert.

After dinner I called my mother. This was the first time I have called since she was moved to the long-term convalescent care home in Fergus. I interrupted a game of cards, so I told her I would call back after 8 o'clock, which I did. She was  very good, and we had a lovely visit. I told her I would be calling her more often, which leads me to my monthly goals.

I have decided that I should make a more concerted effort to keep in touch with family. Today I was in the Craft Room making cards, so I made a "Hello...thinking of you" card for my mom. I keyed a short note on the  computer and printed it out in a large font (my mom is losing her eyesight, so I am hoping she will be able to read this) I told her I enjoyed our conversation. I  talked a bit about what I am doing around the house (some of that is a repeat of what we talked about last night), and what I am making for supper. I mailed it out today, so hopefully she will get it by Friday.

  • I need to do a deep clean of my kitchen before I settle down to do Christmas baking in December.

  • I need to finish all of my homemade gifts this month.

  • I would like to make Christmas cards for the kids; and if I have time, do all my Christmas cards again this year. 

  • Since I was unable to do my deep-cleaning in October, I will attempt to clean and straighten each room downstairs before I hang decorations. 

  • I would still like to do a deep-clean of my bedroom and bath. 

  • I would like to put up some outdoor decorations this month.

  • I will try harder to write a goals update each Friday of the month to summarize my monthly goals, money spent, maintenance and preparedness, special projects, crafting and organization. 

There you have it....my goals for November. I am already behind by one week. But at least I have some direction to take.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to call and chat with your mother; I'm sure she'll enjoy receiving a card from you. :)

    Your soup looks good! A bit too warm over here for soup, but next week, when cooler temperatures and even some rain is forecasted, a bowl of soup would be lovely.

    Hope you'll be able to attain your November goals. I understand this is the time of year when we rush around cleaning and cooking, decorating and making gifts. But, don't neglect yourself in the middle of cleaning and doing for others. I would like to see one or two goals focused on taking some time for you. :)

    ReplyDelete