Monday, September 4, 2017

Daybook: Monday, Sept. 4/17

Happy Labour Day. Hope you are enjoying the last long week-end of summer. Tomorrow the kids go back to school.

Outside my window.....it is a sunny but breezy day. Everything is drying out after a day of rain yesterday.

I am thinking.....of what I would like to accomplish this month before I go away for 3 weeks in October.

I am thankful for.....my relatively good health that allows me to work around the yard to get things done.

From the kitchen.....I baked another batch of dog treats, cleaned and cut up the four heads of cauliflower, shredded a head of cabbage and sauteed in preparation to make another casserole, and made another large pot of soup to work as lunches this week.

I am wearing.....denim capris and a blue t-shirt and my slippers. The temperatures are much cooler lately.

I am creating.....some birthday cards, some Cricut cuts from a new Christmas cartridge I bought during the summer, and a revised and updated address list  for my Christmas cards.

I am going.....nowhere today because it is Labour Day and everything is closed. My son and his fiancee are coming here later today.

I am hoping.....I can shake off this anxiety I am feeling. The family friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer is now in the hospital. He is quickly failing. Although I have been texting his wife and I have mailed off a couple of "Thinking of You" cards to him, I have not gone to visit him. I can't. It is too painful and I am reminded of my husband's death whenever I think of him. I have been feeling very "weepy" and can't seem to rally enough to be of any help or support to anyone.

I am hearing.....the chimes outside my window.

Around the house.....there is lots of work to finish up outside, as well as the ever present housework that needs to be done.

One of my favourite things.....is my crafting. When my motivation lags and I can't seem to focus on getting things done, I can relax by making cards. At the end of it, I may feel guilty about not working on my To-Do list, but I have something at least that I can show for my efforts and be proud of.

A few plans for the rest of the week......include moving all the gravel from the driveway into the back yard. I would also like to finish up weeding and pruning back two flower beds at least and spread the rest of the mulch I have left. On Saturday I will get together with my friends (from the girls' weekend) to have a restaurant dinner and a theatre play. It will not be a weekend away this year, but an evening out, which is better than nothing. This year has just been difficult to get together because of conflicting holiday schedules. The Holiday Grand Plan for this week is "The Livingroom". I will move that room forward into the "Recreation Room" in the Plan, and use this week to do the  "Porch", which I didn't do this week. My Christmas preparation will be to gather up what I already have in my gift trunk, and come up with some ideas for Advent calendars and stocking stuffers.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
I made some paper cupcakes last week that I used to make birthday cards this past week for my personal stash or to bundle into packs to gift at Christmas time.

5 comments:

  1. Susan, your cards are lovely! I am going to "steal" that design, myself!

    Glad to read that your son will be visiting you, today. Do you suppose he could help spread that gravel for you?

    I am sorry your friend is in hospital and for the emotional toll it is taking on you. It's quite OK that you aren't up to visiting him in hospital. You need to take care of yourself, first. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can certainly use this card design. It was very simple to do, and I took it from someone else on Pinterest.

      When it comes to moving the gravel, that is something I can do on my own. Today I got my son to help me clear off the Porch. That was a much bigger help to me, as he could help me make decisions. We tossed items as trash into the trailer or kept some items by moving them to the shed. He helped me carry paint cans, oil cans, and a battery to my van so I can drive them to the toxic waste facilities to dispose of them. He is coming back in a few days to move some items he wants to keep for himself. Cleaning off the porch was something I needed to deal with, and now it's done. Yay me.

      Delete
  2. (((HUGS))) Susan. I think your friend will understand that it's hard for you, considering that your loss is still so fresh.

    I envy you the cooling temperatures. It's still darn hot here, I wish we could open the windows from time to time.

    I hope you have a good week ahead of you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about cooling temperatures. I actually had to close my windows two days ago to keep the heat in. I refuse to turn on my furnace until the end of September. Those are the kind of cooling temperatures I'm talking about. It has warmed up since, so I have my windows open again today.

      I hope you have a good week ahead as well.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete