Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I Can Park in My Driveway

This is just a short blog post this afternoon just to let you know that MOST of the gravel has been moved to the back of my yard. I have purposefully left a small bit which I hope will be adequate to help fill up the hole where my pond used to be. First of all, I will need to fill the bottom with rubble (large stones, broken bricks and pieces of cement blocks). Then I will put what is left of the gravel pile on top. Hopefully this will do the trick until the Spring, when I am sure I will need to bring in another load of gravel....but not until then.  I can now park my van in the driveway, instead of at the back of the property. Yay!
This time I have taken the photo from a different angle. This is from the side of my house looking across the back of my house towards the neighbours. I still haven't moved the steps away from the back door, nor have I put anything else in place. This is taken from the top of the incline that runs down towards the foundation.
The bottom of the gravel area has a gentle slope down to the lawn and flower beds. The back lawn needs to be mowed again but not until I remove all the junk on the grass (that used to be on the deck)  I will have to find new homes for most of it.
I filled out a form for my insurance to reimburse me for the cost of my new glasses and got that off in the mail along with 2 birthday cards for two of my brothers celebrating birthdays this month. I also cut the front lawn. My supper tonight will be the other half of this casserole I baked yesterday, called "Sausages and Vegetables". It is roasted zucchini, onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and hunks of cream cheese in olive oil and basil with another sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. 
I thought I would include this picture because I am sure you are getting tired of seeing photos of gravel. I know I am. Haha.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! And yes, I appreciate a good picture of yummy food more than the picture of a load of gravel, lol. I bet you're happy you're done with that huge task! Time to chill and make some more cards while sipping on tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that sounds so wonderful, but I have a nice sunny day today. If I were smart, I would use that to my advantage and get outside to work some more on the yard. I wanted to finish weeding the back flower bed and put down the last two bags of mulch I have remaining. I have to fill the hole left by my pond and the back lawn needs cutting again. I will save the card-making for the first rainy day, which will be soon enough.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job with moving all that gravel! I'm glad you are able to park in your driveway, again. The casserole looks good, too. I can't believe how quickly your grass grows! I hope you get to sit down and enjoy that cup of tea and card making in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be glad to know that I was "forced" into a day of card making and drinking hot cups of tea. My sunny day was off and on rain and thunder storms, even during the sunny breaks. We must have had 7 rain storms pass through yesterday. I tried to go out once between showers, but only managed to move one wheel barrow load of rubble to tip into the hole. It barely covered the bottom. I continued to make Christmas cuts to use in future card making. As well, I made three cards to send in the mail this morning. (a Thinking of You and 2 congratulatory cards)

      Delete