Monday, September 18, 2017

Daybook: Monday, September 18/17

It is already 11:45 AM and I am just now writing my Daybook. I have emptied and refilled the dishwasher, but I won't run it until after 7 tonight. I have talked to "Dee" on the phone and called my doctor's office to reschedule my appointment in October. I have read my emails and some blog posts, but not commented yet. I have made out my Avon order (last day to order) and delivered it to my representative on my way to the Post Office to pick up my mail from my PO box. Some mornings are just already scheduled for you. 

Outside my window.....it is another beautiful "Indian Summer" day with lots of sunshine and warm, but not hot, temperatures. My lawns need mowing.

I am thinking.....I don't have too much time left here at home before I leave on the 29th for Bradford, and then the train out West on the 30th.

I am thankful for.....my Dad and "Dee" for taking me with them on the train across country and for my son and DIL for paying for my air fare back.
 
From the kitchen.....I baked one batch of dog biscuits on Saturday for the next two weeks. I shredded and fried a whole head of cabbage from which I have made meals this past weekend. This morning I made my iced tea and took out ground beef to defrost for tonight's dinner. I am craving some Tex-Mex casserole.

I am wearing.....my royal blue Capris and a working T-shirt. I think I wore this last Monday.

I am creating.....cards, cards, and more cards. Because I sliced into my thumb nail on Saturday morning shredding cabbage, I have not been able to go outside to pull weeds. So I have taken advantage of some down time to make up all the Halloween cards for my young grand kids and nephews. I also made some "Thinking of You" cards to mail out. I will be making some Thanksgiving cards soon and I still need to get busy on making a stash of birthday cards for gifting. I have also made up two templates to use to make up Christmas cards with treat boxes.

I am going.....outside today to get both front and back lawns mowed. I didn't do that on the weekend and it is getting bad. I am also completely out of eggs, so I may have to go out today to pick some up.

I am hoping.....to get all the Advent calendar gifts ready for my youngest grand daughter to take with me out West. Ideally, I can also buy and wrap some stocking stuffers to bring for my son and DIL. This was "Dee's" idea to help save me about $40 in shipping and postage charges. I checked my gift trunk yesterday and made a list of what I have acquired already, so I can gather up what I still need and get it wrapped up. The older three grands will receive money again this year instead of an Advent calendar and I still have lots of time to prepare for my two grands and their parents in Bradford.

I am hearing.....crickets outside. I also hear my chimes and the occasional traffic drive by. I have all the windows opened again because of the return of warmer weather.

Around the house.....there is lots of housework that needs doing, especially dusting and vacuuming. I have several kinds of card projects on the go. I have fallen way behind on my Holiday Grand Plan already. I did nothing to clean up my Entry room last week, except to maybe add more papers to the desk tops. This week is Master Bedroom. I have a sinking feeling I won't be starting this one either.

One of my favourite things.....is on-line shopping. I probably love it too much.  I usually go out for one major grocery shop per month with the occasional top up two or three times for eggs, milk and fresh veggies or a really great loss leader; but generally, I  try to stay out of retail stores. Shopping on-line however lets me take my time,  watch for sales, and everything comes to the door or to the post office here in town.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include cutting the grass in both the front and back,  pulling the weeds between the pavers in the sunken patio area, continue weeding  and mulching the back flower beds, buying and wrapping small stocking stuffers to take with me to Vancouver, continue to work on making cards.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
I went shopping again on Friday morning in Napanee and spent $141.45. I went to three places out of four. I had intended to go to No-Frills but then I was tired of shopping so I came home. At Giant Tiger I spent $65.30 These are the groceries I bought there. The ground beef was only $8 for each bag containing 4 frozen chubs of lean ground beef each. Great bargain.  The peppers, avocados and mushrooms were on sale for less than I paid earlier in the week. The oriental mix was not on sale but I had a craving for chicken curry that day.  I spent $60.05 at Walmart but the largest chunk of that bill was for  the HUGE 20 kg bag of Pedigree dog food and 2 blocks of Old cheddar cheese at only $3.77 for each block of  450 gms  So where did all the money go? Well, I decided to pick up some items that have been on my want list for quite some time (mostly from the Dollarama), plus I bought some items I will use as stocking stuffers for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm liking shopping on Amazon a little too much too. It's my go-to option for pretty much everything but groceries/toiletries/cleaning supplies these days.

    Your trip sounds like so much fun! Take lots of pictures and share them with us! Good luck finishing your Advent calendar in time. You can probably find more stuff there too so you can "finish" it before you leave her house, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of cards you made! I am looking forward to seeing them.

    I have never done any on-line shopping! My daughter does some on-line shopping, but I have not. I prefer to shop in a store. I know, I'm an old stick-in-the-mud!

    ReplyDelete