Thursday, September 14, 2017

Happy Thursday Everyone

I don't know if it is Happy or not, but Thursday is usually the day in the week that I call my daughter to check in, and I begin the conversation with Happy Thursday. I didn't today because I called her on Monday this time. But I did talk with my friend in Charleston Lake who asked me if I had spoken yet with my BIL in Tampa. She pointed out to me that I hadn't mentioned it yet in a blog post. Instead, I have answered individual comments. However, most of my friends and relatives get my blog post as an email, so naturally they don't see any comments. So yes, I have heard from both of them and they are fine. The storm did not hit Tampa like they had predicted. They didn't lose power, there was no curfew and  there was no damage to the house. In fact, my SIL went to work for a few hours the afternoon following the storm. It was a non-event for them, they tell me. My friend also reminded me that I have not written about our Girls' Night on Saturday. I will have to do that tomorrow, as it is now after 6. I need to warm up my dinner leftovers from last night. Not having lunch today has just hit me. I'm feeling hungry.

I got up this morning feeling so-o-o tired. I read my emails and then fell asleep on the couch. I didn't wake up until several hours later so I didn't bother having lunch. (Besides, I hadn't earned it). I went out for an hour and a half to put down the three bags of mulch in the bed I weeded yesterday afternoon.

Looking directly into the sun...poor quality.

Slowly but surely, it is coming along. It would go faster if I didn't sleep away my days.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I cashed in 2500 of my 2700 points from Pine Cone Research for a $25 e-gift card for Amazon. That will come in handy for buying Christmas gifts for sending directly. For every survey I complete, I get 300 points but I wasn't getting a whole lot of surveys lately. On Monday I received two on the same day. WooHoo.

I have also realized that I never mentioned my friend with cancer. He is back home from the hospital after 13 days inside. He is continuing his radiation therapy as an out-patient like my husband did. His wife keeps me informed by texts every Thursday afternoon, which I really appreciate immensely. He is exhausted and very weak, but it is encouraging to me that he is out of the hospital and at home.

7 comments:

  1. Your garden looks so pretty and inviting! I wanted to nap today too but I had a mishap with the car (locked myself out of it) so the annoyance of the situation and having to wait for the locksmith robbed me of my nap. Grrr.

    I love that you got a free Amazon gift card! I had signed up for Pinecone a long time ago but never got anything so I cancelled my account and I don't think I can get back into the program now. I haven't been worrying about Swagbucks or MS Rewards this week at all, not in the mood. Oh well.

    Best of luck to your cancer-stricken friend. I don't know what else to say :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday to you, too! Your garden is looking very well cared for! I was looking at my sorry excuse of a garden today, thinking I should do some fall gardening. Glad to hear your BIL didn't feel any ill-effects from the hurricane. And I am glad to hear your friend with cancer is home from hospital. Hope he will continue to improve and do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Fooled you. My garden is NOT well-cared for, but if it looks like it is, I will take it. I still have so much too do, but I guess once the snow arrives, it will all look pretty good. It will just be that much harder in the Spring.

      Delete
  3. Poor you. I read about the very long wait for the locksmith. I am surmising that Greg has an extra set of keys, but don't you keep an extra set in the house? Maybe you can add that to your non-existant "To-Do" list, or start a new one. Middle of the day naps are SO-O-O much better than waiting on USAA road assistance, IMO.

    In the past, I have waited until there was about 2100 points from Pinecone and then request a cheque to cash out; but now they have the option of requesting gift cards. I like that more. Yes, it seemed to me for a while like I might cancel out because I wasn't getting any surveys. But being inherently lazy, I didn't bother to unsubscribe. Lately, they have been sending me more requests. I have also noticed that they are trying to recruit more subscribers. Maybe you could rejoin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely! You have been very busy lately with the yard work. I am especially impressed that you moved all that gravel yourself.

    I hope that your friend with cancer is more comfortable at home. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also impressed by the fact I moved all that gravel myself, but when I told my BIL he said "Your back must have been very sore." I said, "I took two weeks to move it." He thought I had taken only one day to do all of that, so I was crushed. Yes I am getting a lot of yard work done because I have put myself under a self-imposed deadline.

    ReplyDelete