Monday, April 2, 2018

Daybook: Mondary, April 2/18

Outside my window.....it is bright and sunny, but cold. There was frost on the car windshield this morning at 7 AM, and it is presently -6 degrees Celsius. I have purple and white crocuses blooming and the front lawn is beginning to green. 

I am thinking.....about my SIL coming again this Wednesday morning to help me purge and pack some more.

I am thankful for.....spending some time with family over the Easter weekend. My Dad and "Dee" traveled down from Elliot Lake to stay with my brother and SIL in Smith Falls since last Thursday and will be going back tomorrow. My son and his fiancee drove me there and we stayed for the afternoon. My two nieces were there as well, so it was a family affair.

From the kitchen.....I baked more dog biscuits on Sunday.

I am wearing.....blue denim jeans, fuzzy socks, red T-shirt and off-white cable cardigan.

I am creating.....2 new cards. I wasn't going to make any new cards while I was purging and packing up my craft room, but I made a special birthday card for my son-in-law's birthday in April, and I needed to make a "Get Well" card for my sister who is still suffering the flu in Elliot Lake. I don't have any "Get Well" cards in my stash. Otherwise, I am creating smaller neater collections of craft items in the Craft room.

I am going.....out to buy some dog food and a larger grocery shop this morning, I hope. I need to phone in and pick up another prescription and the Bi-Peglyte kit in preparation for my colonoscopy next week.

I am hoping.....to get a lot accomplished this month, as I plan to have my yard sale the first weekend in May.

I am hearing.....traffic noise and the blower on the furnace.

Around the house.....I want to get the whole house vacuumed before Wednesday morning.

One of my favourite things.....is watching the garden come to life once more.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include packing up as much as possible. My SIL will be cracking the whip, so I will just do what I'm told. *laugh* She has made all my plans for me.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
 I went outside to take a photo of the white crocus I noticed yesterday, when I discovered I also had some yellow ones.
I noticed also that the sun had disappeared and we were having some light snow flurries. Have I mentioned how unpredictable our Springs can be?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice family gathering over Easter, Susan. Sounds like you are going to have a busy week ahead with SIL coming to help you pack and getting the place vacuumed, etc. Hope your week will be a good one and you'll get lots accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless. I really hope I can get things accomplished. May is going to get here very quickly judging how quickly time has been moving for me lately.

    ReplyDelete