Sunday, April 15, 2018

I'm Still Here

I felt so beaten up this week. I retreated to my lair and licked my wounds and generally just stayed hidden away. It was not the best week of my life but I am slowly coming back.

  Monday and Tuesday did not go well for me. I won't go into detail except to say that the colonoscopy went well and that is what is important to me. There are no polyps. The results were great. My recovery was quick.

  Wednesday started with me not having any Wifi. My son tried every fix  he could imagine over the phone with me, but to no avail. I decided to get away from it all by taking my car into Canadian Tire to have my winter tires changed over to my summer tires. I also wanted to arrange for them to store my winter tires for me (at $60 for the season) since I can't keep them here IF I sell the house. Then I thought I would go over to Oil Changers and have the oil changed and the Spring inspection done.  I never did get to Oil Changers. At the end of the day I came home $750 poorer, but my oil change was free. The Manager at Can. Tire must have felt really bad for me but the work needed to be done. My son came out later that night to fix my Wifi.

  I cannot remember Thursday at all. Did we have a Thursday this week? I know I haven't done anything towards the Yard Sale this week at all...no cleaning... no packing...no purging. That must be the day I had my Pity Party, because I am still feeling hung over by it. Ha.

  Friday I went out for a few groceries. I already knew my trip to Elliot Lake was being postponed or cancelled, and bad weather was moving in, so I wanted to make sure I had enough provisions to make it through the storm. The rain already started before I got home. There was an accident on the 401 and traffic was being diverted along Hgwy #2 between Odessa and Kingston, so it took more than an hour to drive the usual 5 minute route.

And it has been raining ever since. It was freezing rain and ice pellets all day yesterday, through the night, and into this morning. It will be turning to just rain later tonight and into this week. *sigh*

I spent this weekend on the computer catching up on reading Nathalie's blog postings. I was somehow disconnected from her feed and haven't been able to reconnect, so I had a lot of catching up to do.
I talked with family members this weekend as well. My brother's surgery has been cancelled yet again and it is devastating news. He is in considerable pain and yet has been told to NOT take any pain medication because of the impending surgery that has been cancelled twice already. That sort of put my crappy week into perspective, and though I didn't feel like posting today, I did. The whole purpose of doing the blog was my way of communicating with my family and friends. So there it is.

I read another blogger every day. She is one of the most positive people I know and in her daily blogs, she always includes 5 things she is grateful for that day. I asked Bless when I was feeling pretty low, how she would turn the day into a gratitude; and of course, she did. I was feeling so down, I couldn't see the obvious.

So here are my gratitudes for the week:
  •  I have terrific friends.
  • My colonoscopy was clear
  • I have Wifi to keep me connected
  • My van is in top working condition 
  • I was not traveling on the roads when the big ice storm hit. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a crappy week, Susan. That freakish storm definitely doesn't help. I'm glad you're safe at home instead of on the roads. I hope your brother's surgery can be rescheduled soon. My sister should have hers on the 25th, it's also been rescheduled twice already. I hope there won't be any issues this time.


    Bless is an expert on finding the positive aspect of things. Despite what her daughter says, I also thinks she is the most positive person I "know"! She inspires me a lot and is a wealth of information about plants.

    I hope this upcoming week will be kinder to you. I'm celebrating your good colonoscopy results! Hooray! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Susan. (((HUGS))) I am so sorry you've had such a rough week. I'm glad you were able to have yourself a nice little pity party, even if you are still a bit hung over from it! :D Next time, invite us, too! Nathalie and I would join you and we won't tell my daughter about it! LOL!(She's too much like my mother, that way - my mother wouldn't allow any self-pity!)

    I'm sorry your brother's surgery has been rescheduled yet again and he is in pain. I hope his surgery will take place soon, without further delay.

    I am so glad your colonoscopy was clear and you recovered quickly. And grateful that you are safe at home, the van is in good working condition and you have wifi, again. The trip will happen when the time is right. It might not be soon enough for you, but, it will take place, eventually, and, no doubt, in better driving conditions.

    And I am glad you were able to find some things to be grateful for, even after such a rough week; or, should I say, especially after such a rough week? Hope today is a better day and this week will be better.

    ReplyDelete