Monday, April 9, 2018

Daybook: Monday, April 9/18

Outside my window.....the sun is shining. I don't know how cold or warm it is because I haven't stepped foot outside today. I just checked my tablet. It is minus 5 degrees Celsius. I watched a black squirrel scamper up the tree in my backyard.

I am thinking.....about not being able to eat solid food today and tomorrow until after the colonoscopy. Normally, I would only be making my omelet now on any other day, but suddenly I feel quite hungry knowing I cannot eat anything. I have had two cups of clear tea and a cup of chicken broth already.

I am thankful for.....all the messages of condolence on the passing of my buddy Satchel. It was a difficult weekend for me, even though I consider his death a blessing in many ways.

From the kitchen.....I made a chicken and vegetable broth overnight in the crock pot. Yesterday afternoon I prepared two bowls of Jello made with sweetener.  My dinner last night was a chicken stir fry.

I am wearing.....black denim jeans, a gray sweater with a white cardigan over that because I feel chilled, and white and black fuzzy socks.

I am creating.....piles of boxes around the house. Some contain items for the yard sale and some are packed with the contents of furniture I have sold, but I want to take the items with me.

I am going.....nowhere today. I am sticking close to home.

I am hoping.....to be able to take that trip to Elliot Lake later in the week.

I am hearing.....deafening silence in the house.

Around the house.....everything is topsy-turvy. It looks like a tornado moved through.

One of my favourite things.....is the sunshine streaming through the house. I don't think I could have taken another gray, overcast day.

A few plans for the rest of this week.....are centered around this procedure tomorrow. I haven't been able to think much beyond that.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Taken at my son's place by his fiancee about a month ago.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely picture, Susan.

    I'll bet you can't wait for that colonoscopy to be over. I hope time flies between now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a lovely picture. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Hope today will be a good day and everything goes well, tomorrow. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete