Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Guilt: The Great Motivator

I don't remember what I did on Sunday, besides being on a conference call most of the morning. I talk with my Elliot Lake family every morning and then my Brother and SIL in Smiths Falls always call on Sunday morning. I know the weather was hot and I definitely stayed indoors. I probably just puttered around  (I baked some buns) and napped. I have been distracted and anxious lately. My dad is doing poorly. "Dee" had a nurse come in yesterday and this morning to administer an IV drip.

I do remember that I did absolutely nothing yesterday, because I hardly left this chair. I was well planted in front of this fan watching You Tube videos all day long. Except for making meals, requesting another grocery order on-line  and turning on the dishwasher, I did nothing. Instead of playing on-line crosswords last night, I played Bingo.

This morning I did not want to have a repeat performance. I emptied the dishwasher, took some sausage from the freezer for dinner tonight and made a pitcher of iced tea. I took my garbage and recycling out to the curb and watered my three large front stairs planters. I made a batch of yoghurt, baked a loaf of keto bread, fried a package of bacon for the freezer, and shredded and sauteed a head of cabbage. I wiped down the sinks, the stove and counter tops. I washed up the acrylic stamps I used recently in making cards and then watered the indoor plants. I mowed the front lawn and boulevard, before making lunch at 2 o'clock. This afternoon I am giving myself permission to sit on the computer but I have to first do my blog and write responses to peoples' blogs that I enjoy reading every day. I am also hoping that someone calls me by the end of the day to take down my grocery list.

There is no rain in the forecast, so this afternoon I set up my new sprinkler. It took some time because it is a narrow but long area. I wanted to reach the full length, but don't want it to intrude on my next door neighbour's yard. That is why I paid a little more for a sprinkler where I can limit the field of spray. Now that I have found the right angles and the right spot in the yard to place it, I have asked Alexa to let me know when a half hour is up. I tend to forget things like that. I might go to bed with the water still running. Oops. When the weather cools down a bit, I want to remove those bins from the yard and place them inside the shed. I will bring them out and use them when and if my seed starts get any bigger. Have a great evening. Hope the heat isn't getting to you and that you are staying safe.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan, no wonder you didn't feel like doing anything much on Sunday and yesterday - you were no doubt too concerned about your father's health to do anything! I hope he is doing better, today.

    But, you more than made up for it, today! You were busy! I hope you get a call back on your grocery order. Hope you have a restful evening. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't get a call-back from the Township, so that means I won't get a call now until Thursday and maybe no groceries until Friday. Today is Canada Day and a national holiday. I'm not too worried about groceries. I should be fine for the rest of the week.

      I haven't heard anything from "Dee" this morning yet. Yesterday was about the same. For the time being, he remains comfortable. The medical staff are considering this as Palliative Care.

      Delete
  2. I had days when Mom was still alive where I would go see her and be with her for a while then come home and just vegetate. Cut yourself some slack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anne. I just had the family conference call and my dad seemed pretty good. He doesn't talk much, but he likes to hear his kids babble on with each other. He enjoys the conversation going on around him and he smiles broadly when he finds it humorous. He is comfortable and that is important.

    ReplyDelete