Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Cleaning Out the Freezer

This was a no-spend day and a no-drive day. It was wet and rainy all day, so a good time to stay indoors.

Breakfast was oatmeal again, with two slices of toast and peanut butter; lunch was home-made chicken soup  but I also made myself a turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich. I was tired of turkey for supper, so I baked some breaded fish with mashed potatoes (using up the last five potatoes from the 15 lb. bag I bought back in February) and some cooked mashed turnip from the freezer. There are enough mashed potatoes and turnip for another dinner.

I baked a loaf of banana bread using bananas from a package found in the freezer. Yummy!

I didn't vacuum, but I did prepare 13 Easter cards for tomorrow's mail pickup, by writing notes inside, addressing and stamping the envelopes. I realized this morning that I don't have a lot of time. Easter is next weekend.

 I also sorted and rolled money that I found while purging items in the house the last few weeks. I have another $7 in found money.

I will watch some more Netflix tonight and continue to work on my third dishcloth.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum that banana bread looks so delicious! You didn't spend any money AND you found $7, well done! We had rain this afternoon and tonight too, finally, which was very nice because we have a serious drought going on and our fire risk is high in my area.
    I hope you enjoy your Netflix evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time I sat down to watch TV, it was already after 10 o'clock. I was left time to watch one episode of Outlanders. Today there is sunshine, but we are expecting another deluge of rain tomorrow and Friday. There is also a possibility for SNOW on Friday morning, which isn't that unusual for April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow?! I guess I'll stop complaining about how hot it already is down here... Enjoy the sunshine today!

      Delete
  3. That loaf of banana bread looks so good, Susan. I have some bananas that are in the freezer - I should make a loaf, too.

    ReplyDelete