Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Grocery Shopping Again

My doctor's office is beside Giant Tiger, so.....
Non-food items cost $12.43

Toilet paper was $7.97 (reg. $13.97). Liquid Plumber has been on my list for quite some time. I paid $3.47 (reg. $4.17). The package of 3 LEDs are regularly $9.50, but on sale for $8.99, and with a $8 manufacturer's coupon, I paid only 99 cents.

Meat cost $26.41
I saved over $10 on the purchase of bacon, pepperoni, and Black Forest ham by paying sale prices; but I paid the regular price of $12 for 4 lbs. of ground meat because I don't have any left in the freezer.
Veggies and juice cost me $6.95
All the items were sale priced, saving me $9.77 from the regular prices. I saved more money than they cost in total. The bags of frozen veggies were each $1; the tomato juice was only 99 cents each and 10 lbs. of potatoes cost me $1.97
Pantry items cost $6.24  OUCH!!
 I was completely out of sugar, so accepted the price of $2.97. I wanted the flat bread for making wraps and pizza, so paid full price of $3.27 The sugar was poor planning on my part, and the flat bread was a splurge.

My SIL is arriving tomorrow morning for another day of purging.

Instead of knitting last night while watching Netflix, I mended a cushion instead.

Tonight I ran the dishwasher and washed my bedding with a load of whites and lights.

This afternoon, I played some more with my Anna Griffen Cricut cartridge.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did well, overall, Susan. Too bad you had to pay full price on the sugar and flat bread, but you had other things happening that took priority over checking on pantry items, lately, so, completely understandable. When I was undergoing treatment and my daughter was grocery shopping for me when she came down on the weekends, I too had her buy whatever was needed at the regular prices as she didn't have the time to go hunting for bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I did very well overall. But when I compare my prices to what you pay?....well, there is no comparison, especially on your fresh fruits and veggies. I hate running low on my stockpile.

      Delete
  2. That's an incredible deal on the LED bulbs, Susan, well done! I hate it when I didn't know I was running out of something that I need and then I have to pay full price for it... and then the next day/week it goes on sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must know by now that my SIL must have arrived early on Thursday morning because you have heard nary a word from my end. Ha. We worked really hard for two days. My son's GF was not feeling well so was unable to go with us to Ottawa this weekend, so my SIL stayed here longer than she anticipated and we went back together to her house late Friday afternoon. I came back last night exhausted from the weekend, and so I haven't even checked the week's flyers yet. I don't know if sugar is on sale somewhere, or not.

      Delete