Monday, April 3, 2017

Good intentions

Money spent today....
After taking the notarized copy of the will to my bank, I headed over to Shopper's Drug Mart to buy milk ($4.27) and 2 doz. eggs ($1.99 each). While there I discovered cottage cheese was on sale for only $1.99 and the Activia yoghurt was reduced to $1.99 for an 8 count carton. Total spent on food was $14.25
I did not use coupons today, but bought items on sale.

Using food from the freezer and pantry....
Breakfast was oatmeal; lunch was homemade chicken soup  with pasta and vegetables from the freeser; and dinner was another turkey dinner with the last of the stuffing, leftover mashed potatoes and tinned peas. I made more gravy with my homemade gravy mix.
I froze three large containers of turkey broth after skimming off the fat that had congealed on top

I made cards for the grandkids and nephews over the weekend and hoped to write messages inside today. I didn't get around to it but there is still lots of time. Some of them are similar, but they are going to different families in different locations, so I can get away with it.

I did manage to mail off my "Thinking of you" card I showed you this morning and I was required to mail off another death certificate, which I got done. I ended up being on the phone again today, so my good intentions of writing cards and vacuuming the floors went out the window. I am learning to go with the flow and not stress myself out.

I will continue to work on my dishcloths and watch some more "Outlander" on Netflix that I started last night. I have finished the third season of Grace and Frankie and I have watched all of Sherlock. My son's GF had loaned me a lot of period romance DVDs  like Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, and the like. I have watched all of those now and ready to look for more Netflix series. Any recommendations???

6 comments:

  1. The cards you make are simply gorgeous! And, I'm glad you are back to blogging - I've missed reading you on my daily feed. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TrayceeBee for your kind words. Knitting dishcloths is a mindless preoccupation and making cards is very therapeutic for me. And it seems to me that every day presents another reason for making cards. Ha.

      Delete
  2. I love your cards, I seriously think you should start an Etsy store or something. I think my favorite are the mushroom ones because it was so unexpected as a "Happy Spring!" motif. I took loads of pictures of mushrooms last year and I can't wait to spot some more. I think they're more of a summer/fall thing down here, though.

    Here you're done watching Grace & Frankie and I haven't even started on Season 3 yet. No spoilers! I've been watching "Forensic Files" (there are close to 400 episodes!) but I wouldn't advise it for you since it's all about murder and death and stuff. My daughter loves "How to Get Away with Murder" but I never took to it. "Parks and Recreation", "The Office" those are other favorites and they're comedies. A blogger I read sometimes recently said that all the seasons of the Great British Baking Show are on YouTube but I haven't checked. It's called "The Great British Bake-Off" in the UK, I believe. I would imagine that it'll get yanked from YouTube shortly as the production company has been pretty aggressive getting those taken off in the past, but you might want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will love watching "Forensic Files". I used to watch all of the CSI shows and I watch "How to Get Away With Murder". I love all those shows (even Criminal Minds). My daughter recommended "The Mindy Project", so I may try that one as my next comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I see Criminal Minds on the TV listings (and it's on all the darn time!) because you like it so much and I don't, lol.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful cards! I'm sure your grandchildren and nephews will enjoy receiving them. I agree with Nathalie - you should sell your cards!

    ReplyDelete