Monday, August 28, 2017

Daybook: Monday, Aug. 27/17

Outside my window.....it is sunny and warm (but not hot and  sticky). The lawn has been cut again and the flower beds are tidy. I hope they will stay like this for a while. Last week I had hoped to work on my driveway and the bed in front of the fence, but it was too much to expect.

I am thinking.....I will do well to move the big delivery of gravel I am expecting this week.

I am thankful for.....my son and his fiancee coming over yesterday afternoon to remove the pool liner in the back yard for me, and also making Eggplant Parmesan for our dinner last night. Yummy!

From the kitchen.....I made nothing over the weekend. Friday was leftover salmon (not tilapia, as I first reported) with broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini in a mustard cream sauce. Saturday was one of the cabbage casseroles from the freezer, and last night my dinner was made for me. The only thing I made was another large container of Miracle Clean spray cleaner.

I am wearing..... a pair of denim capris and a blue T-shirt.

I am creating.....a few birthday cards with paper cupcakes I made last week. This will start going into a box of homemade cards I will prepare as Christmas gifts. I received my first alert from Holiday Grand Plan yesterday. I reprinted my Christmas card list so that I can update the list and check to see if I have correct addresses for everyone. This week is "List" and "Front Porch"  week. I will see how much if anything I can accomplish this week.
                                                                    
I am going.....to pay for my gravel and arrange delivery, pay and pick up my dishwasher gasket, and go to my Optometrist this morning.

I am hoping.....I can get all my gravel moved this week.

I am hearing.....heavy trucks moving by. There is construction of new houses going on close by. We will have blasting going on over the next 5 to 6 weeks. 

Around the house.....there is lots to be done both inside and out. I will work in the yard when the weather is fine, and I will try to follow the Grand Cleaning Plan laid out by the aforementioned website.

One of my favourite things.....this week will be my trusty wheel barrow. 

A few plans for the rest of the week....do not include going out anywhere after today.

Here's a picture I am sharing.....
Here is the hole left in my back yard after having the pool liner taken out, and the flat rocks taken away from the perimeter.
                                                                   

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a busy week, ahead of you. May I ask why you are removing the pool? What are you planning to put in the space where it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I meant to call it a pond liner. I really enjoyed it for several years, but the last two years I have not been able to clean it or set it up on my own. It is not easy for one person. So for the purpose of trying to make my property easier for ME to handle on my own, I am just going to "plant" some more large pots and fill the hole with gravel, like the surrounding garden. I may put a bird bath with succulents in the centre. It used to have a water fountain, some water plants and my Koi fish during the summer months. My last Koi died this past Spring, so I will also be getting rid of my aquarium inside. Yes, it is kind of sad getting rid of these things. But it is all an attempt to make things easier on me. My life has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a very good reason for removing it, Susan. A garden is an evolving space, isn't it? At least, that's what I keep telling myself as I find myself replacing rose bushes with succulents, and dying fruit trees with...nothing for now. I am tired of planting stuff that die because it gets too hot and I don't water enough due to the drought. Yes, my cherry guava tree looks like it might not survive. :(

      Delete
  3. You're getting started with your Holidays Grand Plan and I'm still trying to catch up with my Summer To Do List... you are so organized. I look forward to seeing what you manage to come up with for your Advent calendars this year! I really ought to try to make one for my kids too... adding this to the To Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, what I said was that I got my first email from Holidays Grand Plan. It is a To-Do list. It doesn't mean I am doing anything about it. *laugh* Every year I say that I am going to follow along with the PLAN and be organized for Christmas, but then I am always caught off guard by its arrival. I would love to be organized, but I'm not. At least it gets me thinking about what is coming and kind of kicks my butt into starting something. I also want to see what I will come up with this time.

    Last year I sent money to my two oldest (University graduating) grand kids. This year, the third oldest will be in Germany over Christmas, so she will be getting money as well. Basically, I just have to buy for the three youngest, so it should be fun.

    ReplyDelete