Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday

 When I first got up yesterday morning, I hung out my son's two huge loads of washing on my clothesline. He didn't have time the day before to get everything put in the dryer because he was making my dinner for me. Did I mention how yummy that eggplant parmesan was? It was perfect drying weather and it was a small price to pay for dinner. I posted my Daybook on my blog and then I headed into town. I ordered my gravel and paid for it. It was only going to cost me $113 instead of the $160 I was quoted because they would deliver it in a smaller dump truck. I picked up the gasket for the dishwasher which cost me $90.40 with tax. Then I drove over to my optometrist's office. I didn't have an appointment, but I picked out a pair of frames and the doctor took measurements and I was out the door in five minutes. They should be ready for pickup on Friday. With all the running of errands I did in the morning, I did not feel like working outdoors yesterday afternoon. I stayed inside and puttered in the kitchen, starting with the dishwasher.
I removed the old rubber (that's it on the right hand side) and replaced it with the new one after I cleaned the door the best I could with my Miracle Clean spray and baking soda and lots of elbow grease. Can you believe that piece of rubber cost me $90?

It was a very easy job to do. Then I ran the empty dishwasher through a normal cycle with baking soda and vinegar before running a full load of dishes after supper.   
 This morning saw me outside again pulling weeds and laying down mulch. I only did part of the garden bed at the end of the driveway. My Snowball Hydrangea is still blooming, so I will not be pruning until nearer the end of October or even November.
I will finish this bed much later in the Fall, but I wanted to get some mulch down on the end of the garden that I did weed.
Next, I moved my efforts to the back yard. Woohoo! This itty bitty garden took almost 2 1/2  hours to complete. (I need to replace those rotted garden ties bordering the garden.) When I went in at 12:30 for lunch, I was tuckered out. I thought perhaps I might take an afternoon nap, except that I saw a message on my phone. The gravel was ready to be delivered. So I moved my van to the back of the property to clear the driveway just before they arrived.
Doesn't look like much. I don't think I have enough. Even though I was worn out, I decided to move 5 wheel barrow loads to start the back corner of the house. I had just enough landscaping fabric to cover that little corner. I am very sure I don't have enough. 
 
So can you guess what I will be doing tomorrow and for the rest of this week?

4 comments:

  1. Um, you'll be taking it easy, put your feet up and eat bon bons, tomorrow and the rest of the week? :D No?

    You did a lot! Your flower beds are looking very nice and tidy. My flower beds are being taken over by grass and weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrong answer.....and I gave you so many hints. Truth be told, it was difficult to get started this morning, but eventually I went out there and cleared up a lot of the ground before I started laying the fabric down. Tomorrow is supposed to rain, so I will take a little break from the hard manual labour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to impress me! And that was what I thought only after I saw that you managed to replace that seal on your own, lol.

    You did a ton of work. I'm with Bless, I think you should sit down and eat bonbons because you're making the rest of us look bad. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I woke up this morning I was so-o-o disappointed to see a sunny cool day for working outside. Why?? Because I thought it was supposed to rain today. Now that I have procrastinated long enough, it is now 9:15; and there are dark looking clouds overhead and it is overcast. Maybe, just maybe I will have to stay inside today. I may not get outside to do any more gravelling. I can only dream.

    ReplyDelete