Thursday, August 31, 2017

Here I go a-gravelling.....

Here is my pile of gravel at the end of day yesterday.

This is the back yard after so many wheel barrow loads, I lost count. Most of it was piled high across the back against the foundation of the house. I lay down most of the landscaping fabric that I bought yesterday.

Now I realize I don't have enough fabric either, so I will need to pick up at least one more roll.

This is ME at the end of day yesterday, just before I crawled into the shower. I was so tired I could barely walk.
 I was expecting rain today. I was kind of looking forward to having to take some time off  from the work detail. But alas, the sun was up this morning. A few dark clouds moved in shortly after 9 AM, and I got my hopes up again. It didn't last long, so I buckled down and got to work.
When I quit for the day at noon, the pile of gravel was gone. As a reward, I got on the phone and ordered 3 more yards....that is more than I ordered the first time.

This is what 2 yards of gravel looks like after it has been shoveled, wheel barrowed, and spread out. It didn't go nearly as far as I had hoped. But then, I am laying down more than 4 inches thick in a lot of places, trying to even out the landscape. I am hoping the new gravel will be delivered before the long weekend, so my son can give me a hand. I am also going to ask him to help me fix the back steps. I somehow raised one side, so now the door will not open.
I have eaten my lunch and am now waiting for a call back from the "gravel people". Even if they deliver it this afternoon, I will not be going back out there. I just want to take my shower and have a rest this afternoon. I may not take a nap, but I would like to work on some cards or my Christmas card list. I have a lot of address changes to record. Then at least I can say that I scratched off one of my items from the Grand Holidays plan. Fa-la-la-la-la.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work you did, Susan. I am glad to read that you had planned to take the afternoon off. Hope you were able to make your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, after showering and eating, I DID fall asleep on the couch. It wasn't my intention, but I was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete