Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Just For You Non-believers

My personal carry-on (purse) and my new carry on bag I bought on my last Caribbean cruise. And you thought it couldn't be done.
I am taking...
  •  white handkerchief skirt
  • black yoga capris
  • black Bermuda shorts
  • denim Bermuda shorts
  • teal green skort
  • long summer pants (black with white polka dots)
  • light black cardigan
  • bathing suit
  • cotton summer nightie
  • at least, 10 tops
  • 5 pairs bras and panties
  • 2 pairs of sandals (white and black)
  • 3 pairs of earrings
  • prescription medicine and over the counter medicines, travel first aid and sewing kit
  • toiletries and makeup, no bottle, tube or jar contains more than 50 ml of fluid or cream. 
  • my cellphone, tablet, battery charger, extra batteries, camera, charging cords, and ear buds
As mother of the groom, I did not buy a special dress. This wedding is supposed to be casual, outdoors in the primitive forest. I will wear my handkerchief skirt with a sleeveless silk top with matching chiffon  overlay and white sandals. I will wear my newly coloured hair up in a bun and fastened with a silver hair clip. I got my eyebrows waxed today for $10. I will do my own makeup. For the flight tomorrow and coming back, I will wear my bulkiest clothes....the denim shorts with white cotton button down shirt  with my black cardigan tied around my waist. I will wear my watch and one pair of earrings. Clothes really don't take a lot of room. It is usually all the accessories and  toiletries that one is tempted to bring. If you can limit those, you can travel lightly. I will wager that I still come back with outfits I didn't wear.

I went to the post office, Home Hardware (to pick up two No-pest strips which I have hung up already), my bank, the hair stylist (to wax my brows), Guardian Drugs for my prescription fill, Shopper's Drug Mart (where I spent $44 with my coupon to pick up an extra 10,000 Optimum points) and the gas station to fill up my van. I am leaving it with a friend while I am gone. I have downloaded 3 Netflix movies onto my tablet. I have picked up all the trash and garbage throughout the house and will place outside at the curb tonight. It will be out there all day tomorrow,  (one day early) but I will hope that people will just assume I got my days mixed up. I put the compost out and washed out the kitchen compost bin. Tonight I will turn on the dishwasher and wash up everything that is ready. I will pack a couple of containers of food for the early bus ride and the lo-o-ong wait at the airport tomorrow.  I have some hard boiled eggs, and salami slices with cheese that I can eat for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. I have already prepaid my dinner for the flight at 5 PM. I am hoping I haven't forgotten anything...remembered my passport and all my tickets and reservations. Experience tells me that I will have forgotten something, but hopefully nothing too important. I will TRY to post on my tablet, but please don't hold your breath.


4 comments:

  1. Did you pack your chargers for your phone and your tablet?

    I'm SO impressed, you are SO organized. You've obviously thought through everything. And I can just imagine you in your "mother of the groom" outfit in the forest, you'll look like a wood nymph!

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remembered my chargers, but I forgot my rings which are sitting by my kitchen sink. Sorry, I am having some problems using Blogger on my tablet. I hope to be an expert by the end of my trip.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine how you managed to pack everything into that one carry-on bag! You obviously know how to pack! It sounds like you've thought of everything and, hopefully, if you've forgotten something, it is something that can easily be purchased. Don't forget to take your house keys with you, though! Or, maybe leave them with the friend who will keep your van? You don't want to have to break in to your house when you get back! :D

    Hope you'll have a safe journey and a wonderful time. My best wishes to your son on his marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fourth attempt. Still having problems. I will pass on the well wishes to my son when I see him. Thank you.

    Funny you should mention the keys. I don't remember posting about my experience but maybe I did. I had traveled back from somewhere and my son had the keys to the house and the van. He was looking after the place while I was gone. I had asked him to leave the front door unlocked, but he forgot. Fortunately, I found an unlocked window at the back of the house. I removed the screen and crawled in on my belly. What a sight.This time I have a set with me, as well as my friend who will be picking me up.

    ReplyDelete