Thursday, July 12, 2018

Waiting at the Airport

So I left my house at 5:15 this morning, drove to my friend's house in Kingston and got a ride to the bus station in time for the 6:15 boarding. I slept almost the entire way. I was feeling so tired. We arrived at terminal 3 at 9:30 and I waited downstairs in Arrivals ever since. I grabbed my first cup of coffee about 12:30 and drank that while I made a call to my MasterCard service desk. I forgot to phone them with my travel advisory. I always phone ahead to advise them of where I will be so they don't freeze my account. *laugh*

That was the first thing I forgot. The second thing I forgot was putting my rings on. They are sitting on the counter beside the kitchen sink. Since these things usually happen in threes, I hope the third one is just as innocuous.
My carry on was pulled aside in Security, but I was just randomly targeted and my bag was fine. It is now 1:15 and I have another 3 hours until boarding time. The next bus coming out of Kingston doesn't arrive until 4, so that wouldn't have given me enough time for Security purposes.

I forgot to mention that my robin came back to her nest eventually. This last week I have been soundly scolded every time I go out my front door, so I am guessing she will be glad that I am gone for 3 weeks. Is that enough time I wonder for the babies to hatch and leave the nest?

4 comments:

  1. Yay, you were able to publish your post, after all! That was an early start and a long day of travel for you! Plus, waiting around in airports isn't exactly relaxing, either, is it? But glad you got through bag check without any problems, and the things you forgot weren't major things. You were able to call and notify the credit card people and the rings will still be there by the sink when you return. Hopefully, the 3rd thing is equally minor. You don't have any utility bills, etc., that will be coming due while you are away, do you? That's usually what I might forget until the last day to pay them! Then, I have to make a payment online, or something!

    Robin eggs usually take about 2 weeks to hatch and the hatchlings remain in the nest for another 12-13 days or so before they fly off. So, the eggs will be hatched by the time you return, but the babies will probably still be there. You might be able to watch them learn to fly (but might want to avoid going in and out of your front door for another week or so after you get home!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about my having to use my BACK door for a couple of weeks after my return. The nest is built so closely to the front door. I really don't understand why the robins decided to build where they did.

      Delete
  2. Ouch, that's a long time to wait at the airport after a long trip too! You're going to be exhausted. I hope you had a comfy spot while you waited for your flight, which should be boarding right about now. Have a safe flight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left my house at 5:15 AM and arrived at my son's place at 11:30 PM. It was an incredibly long day. Worse was the fact that I woke up at 4:30 (My time was 7:30). Fortunately, I was able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

      Delete