Friday, July 27, 2018

Not Home Yet

I should be sleeping in at home, but in fact I am writing from my hotel room in Toronto. Air Canada put me up last night as a result of missing my connecting flight. We were very late leaving Vancouver and even later arriving because of the band of severe storms that were passing through the Toronto region. I consider myself lucky that they are able to get me out at 1 o'clock this afternoon. Unfortunately, I checked my carry-on yesterday free of charge because there was no cabin room for all the hand luggage that people were bringing on the plane. As a result, I had nothing with me last night. Oh well. I am just extending my holiday  one more day. It is a lovely room.

5 comments:

  1. Nice of Air Canada to put you up in a hotel. I hope you're comfortable! Shouldn't your bag be in Toronto as well, though? I mean, if you missed your connection, then your bag did too, didn't it?

    I hope the hotel was able to provide most of what you needed, aside from clean clothes, and that you'll be home safe and sound and with your bag today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except that my bag was marked to go on to Kingston, so not available to me. I don't know what plane my bag will be on. It may already be in Kingston waiting for me IF it was lucky enough to get an earlier flight out.
    I did get sleep last night, but I left the hotel at 10:30 this morning and was through security by 11. Wasn't going to take any chances. We don't board for another hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see. I thought going through Toronto was your plan all along. How long of a flight is it from Toronto to Kingston?

      Delete
  3. So sorry you missed your flight through no fault of your own. But, glad the airlines were able to book you into a hotel for the night and you had enough leeway in your schedule to do so and didn't have to be home by last night to keep an important appointment this morning. Hope your journey home is a good one and the bag with your belongings is waiting for you at the other end! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my luggage made it home before I did. I have since discovered that I left behind some items which are being mailed out to me. It is good to be home but I can't seem to get revved up yet....still jet-lagged I think.

    ReplyDelete