Tuesday, September 8, 2015

An Organized Life


Lemon Zinger iced tea....Was it worth the wait? You betcha.

The iced tea I finally got around to making was so good, I brewed another pot before I went to bed last night so I could enjoy even more today. 

So today was the first day of  "An Organized Life". Ha, ha. I started by opening a new notebook and writing out several pages of lists....things I need to buy, things I want to buy, organizational projects, gifts I want to make for Christmas, outdoor chores, housekeeping chores, etc., etc. It is a list that I can add to and things I can cross off when I get done. It looks quite scary, but I will try to not get overwhelmed.

 I thought I would cross a few things off today, but that is not going to happen. I will have to break down these broad goals into much smaller steps. I was quite happy with my progress however. I got rid of a huge stack of paper. Over the last few months, I have been printing off a lot of on-line recipes. The "make your own" recipes I have either hand-written or pasted into a hard cover journal. eg. MYO laundry detergent, MYO weed killer, MYO taco seasoning, etc. Then there are recipes that I have used more than once. They were just a hodge-podge of papers sitting in a pile. Everytime I went looking for THAT recipe, I ended up leafing through every piece of paper looking for it. Now they are in page protectors in a binder, and in some kind of order so that I know roughly which section to look. And that is it. That is all I got done; but, it was hours of work....all day in fact. I made hamburger stroganoff over egg noodles for supper and I made an apple strawberry crumble for dessert. (I found two more bags of strawberries in the freezer)

Autumn Joy sedum starts out pink and will deepen to dark burgundy
My Sweetie had more blood drawn today and his creatine is DOWN to 180. Yay!  I have spent the last couple of evenings checking out pinterest groups for home crafted items that perhaps I could try to make for this Christmas. Maybe tomorrow I will tell you about some items that I have made in the past as gifts. I even have a few photos to share. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the good news on the blood test results!

    Want to come organize my huge piles of printed/clipped recipes?! I have about 10 binders to put them in. I kid you not (1 binder by main "ingredient" such as beef, pork, poultry... it's the way my brain works). It's going to take me forever, which is why I have been putting it off as long as I have. The thing is, if they're in binders, i'm less likely to use them than if they're just in a big pile that I can leaf through. Weird, but true. So for now, I have piles of recipes pretty much everywhere.

    I also made a list but I didn't do much of anything today. I read a whole book, though!

    Your lemon tea sounds very good right now, I just realized that I'm parched. I'll have to look for Lemon Zinger next time I'm out of fruity tea!

    ReplyDelete