Friday, September 25, 2015

Yesterday I decided that I absolutely must start cleaning the floors, especially since I brought in so many buckets of garden dirt alongside the root veggies I harvested. That took me all morning as I have to pick things up off the floor and move furniture before I can bring out the vacuum. Then I decided to mow the lawns again as it was a gorgeous afternoon out of doors.After all that hard labour, it was time for a wee nap.   
Mowing grass

When I woke up after my nap at 4:30, I figured another easy quick meal would be another stir fry with chicken over noodles. We only had this about a week ago, so I hoped nobody would notice that we were having it again so soon. The night before, we had tuna casserole, with lots left over. Today (Friday)  is usually when my son goes to  his girlfriend's, so my Sweetie Pie and I forage for our dinner in the fridge. (Leftover night) However, this morning he informs me that she is coming HERE tonight. Now I had to clean up my crafting table. Take a look-see.  
My crafting table

You probably wonder how I can get anything accomplished, but I just need a corner of the table to finish the final product.  I guess I should be thankful that company does come over occasionally to ensure that my table gets cleaned off once in a while. Sure glad I washed the floors yesterday

My dining table

My flower gardens are almost bare because it is the end of the season, but I did manage to find some hydrangea, pink phlox and Russian sage to put together for a centerpiece. 

A beautiful Fall day for drying the laundry

I did have plans for today, but they went by the side of the road when I knew I had to clean up a bit. I did manage to hang two loads of laundry today. This is the second load. But I didn't get any outdoor weeding done. Tomorrow a friend and I are going to Amherst Island for an Irish dry stone wall building event. The Ambassador from Ireland will be there, as well as other dignitaries, historical tours, speeches, etc; but, there will be plenty of other events as well. Should be very interesting and entertaining. I will tell you about it on Monday. Sunday is supposed to be more of the same great weather, so I am hoping to get more yard work done. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. 


1 comment:

  1. What witchcraft is this?! I can't get over how you went from that... OK, I'm gonna say it: messy craft table (sorry!) to that beautiful dining area in such a short time! Kudos. The thought of having someone come to dinner unexpectedly and at the last minute would send me in a tailspin, and my head would explode, lol.

    I have a similar mess on my coffee table right now (well, at all times, really). Maybe I should pretend that my son's girlfriend is coming over for tea. As a matter of fact, the house is never cleaner than when we (very rarely) have company coming over.

    I was able to click on the picture to enlarge it and take a closer look at your centerpiece... gorgeous! You grew this in your garden? Swoon. I'd trade my roses for your hydrangeas! Maybe I should see if they would grow here.

    "Irish dry stone wall building event" is my very next Google search (well Swagbucks Search so I guess it'll be a Yahoo Search). Sounds like an odd and intriguing thing to have an event around. I hope you'll post pictures. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete