Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Down in the Dumps

Lego boxes to "wrap" items to go into the Advent calendars

You would think all those beautifully coloured Lego boxes would have me in very bright spirits, but the truth is that I have been in a terrible funk. I don't know why. The weather has been perfect, but I am just not feeling very spirited. I have stopped trying to figure out why my moods crash. I just wait until things pick up again. 

I have not accomplished much. I did try those bread crumb cookies, but I am not going to recommend them. They may have been a treat during the Depression (in fact, I am sure they were), but I could do without them. I am still on the lookout for different ways to use up breadcrumbs, though. I haven't given up. There is a cake that I am willing to try next that uses only one cup of crumbs. 

I have made a couple more birthday cards for my stash. I have folded the laundry that I hung out on Sunday. I made chicken soup with the stock I made on the weekend, and I have fried some of my "stretched out" hamburger for the freezer. Basically, I have just puttered around. I don't feel like doing stuff, so I don't do much at all. I try to keep busy getting ideas for cards and gifts on the internet, and I have been napping in the afternoons. This too will pass. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're in the dumps. It happens to all of us. Take this time to do whatever it is you feel like doing (watching TV and eating baked goods is my "in the dumps" regimen) and come back when you feel like it. I love the LEGO boxes. Would have loved to have those when my boys were growing up. We have a million LEGOs here. It's pretty much the only toy that I won't give away. Those will be passed down to the next generation!

    Hope your mood brightens soon and you're back to your sunny self soon. (alliteration, much?).

    ReplyDelete