Monday, May 15, 2017

Daybook: Monday, May 15, 2017

Outside my window.....it is sunny and breezy....perfect line drying weather. The front lawn needs cutting again.

I am thinking.....I am pretty proud of myself for having driven  to Bradford and back without getting lost or frazzled. This is a big accomplishment for me. I didn't get my license until I was almost 40 and  Rick was the one who drove everywhere.

I am thankful for.....the service department at Canadian Tire for looking after me so well.

From the kitchen.....I have pulled out some centre cut pork chops from the freezer for dinner tonight. I emptied the dishwasher and filled it again. I washed those dishes up before emptying it again, and I washed some items in the sink. I cleared off the counters and scrubbed them down. I swapped out the big kitchen wastebasket for a much smaller one, so that I can take the garbage outside to the bin at the end of each day.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, socks and a printed T-shirt. This is my basic uniform for working outside in the garden.

I am creating.....another finished dishcloth. That makes four.

I am going.....outside to pull more weeds and maybe mow some more grass.

I am hoping.....for some nice sunny weather this week.

I am hearing.....the elementary school kids playing outside during their lunchtime recess break. I have the back door open today to air out the house. I also hear the baby birds squawking from under the eaves of my house, as their parents bring them juicy worms. When the babies leave, I need to get up the ladder to replace the pieces of aluminum soffit that blew down after one of our winter storms. I will wait until I have someone else here with me (in case I fall off the ladder).

Around the house.....the dusting and vacuuming STILL need doing. Working outdoors tires me out too much. I can't come in afterwards and face that job. So it is still waiting for me. I wasn't here all weekend, so this morning I did three loads of laundry, including changing out the sheets in my room and the spare bedroom, and have hung them out on the line.

One of my favourite things.....is my new long handled rounded shovel for removing the really big clumps of weeds without having to bend over to pull them out. I have lots of really big ones unfortunately.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include returning phone calls today from the weekend, baking more dog biscuits because Satchel went through them too quickly last week, making another trip to the bank, and perhaps scheduling an eye appointment to see if I need a stronger eye glass prescription.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....a pot of mums given to me by my son and his girlfriend last night. I was invited to their apartment for dinner along with her dad and step-mom. It was a lovely dinner of lasagna, salad and crusty garlic bread with home baked cookies for dessert. Yum.
I will enjoy the flowers indoors right now. After they fade, I will cut them back and plant them outdoors so they will bloom again.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your trip went well. Hooray for driving there and back by yourself!

    I was just thinking this morning that I needed to dust, I always forget to do that and I never even notice that it's dusty (or maybe I don't care...). But now I have to find Explorer and stuff him in a carrier to take him to the vet's because he has some discharge coming out of an eye that has been bothering him for 24 hours... I hope he's OK. Maybe he got some dust in there, ha!

    Pretty flowers to enjoy at home AND you'll plant them, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the kitty okay? Was he treated and let go to come home? It seems to me that cats get a lot of eye problems. Many times it is the result of the eyeball being scratched during the play fights. I think they can get out of hand sometimes. I hope that is all it was and a little antibiotic cream will fix it right up.

      Delete
    2. The vet couldn't find any scratches on the eye ball, but he did have slight conjunctivitis and there's a chance he could have a scratch on the inside of his eye lid(s) where she couldn't see it. Or it could be allergies or a virus... so she gave me some antibiotic ointment to put in his eye 3 times a day for 7 to 10 days. He hates it and he hates me now so it's not been fun. I thought he was getting better yesterday but last night he started blinking with that eye again a lot. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you had a safe drive to your daughter's and back. I don't like driving by myself when I am unsure of the roads; it makes me feel very nervous! That plant is beautiful! My mother, too, used to replant them in the garden and they'd rebloom for her. They just die, when I try to replant them! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My self-confidence went up a few notches after this travel weekend. Ha. Yes, it is kind of scary going out somewhere not sure of the route. It does feel better when you have another person in the car, even when they are just as clueless as you are.

    ReplyDelete