Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Outside Work

There was sunshine today. It was still kind of chilly, but I went out about 10:30 to take advantage of the weather. I pulled weeds in the driveway and the third garden bed out front, and I trimmed some more grass from around the front lawn. I took two of these laundry baskets full of weeds back to my compost pile.
The sun got warmer so that I had to remove my jacket. Then the black flies appeared and drove me nearly mad, but I stayed outside for about 2 hours. My jeans show how hard I worked.
After lunch I went outside again, this time to cut  some grass. I ran the lawn mower until it ran out of gas. Tomorrow, while I am waiting for my brakes to be fixed, I will go into the Canadian Tire store and buy another gas can. The only one I have found has a green cap and I don't remember my gas can having a green cap before. So I will buy a new one and label it "Lawn-mower" so I don't get it mixed up with the fuel for the snow blower, or the riding lawn mower, or the pressure washer, or the wood chipper, or any of the myriad outdoor tools that are here that I don't even know how to use. I have a picture to show you just how high the grass has grown. I need some more dry days to get the job finished. And I would dearly love to get started on weeding the back yard gardens. The dandelions are doing well.
Now that I have come inside, I am feeling exhausted. I might have a wee lie-down. I have some chicken thighs with Teriyaki sauce in the crock pot for dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that patch with the dandelions!

    Well no wonder that you're exhausted! Look at all that you did in the yard today! Weeding for hours on hand and THEN mowing?! You are my hero!

    You could sell your dirty jeans to trendy idiots in NYC, apparently...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that particular patch of dandelions is gone. I managed to get more of the back yard cut down this afternoon, but still not finished.

    This morning I had my alarm set again for 6 AM so I could be at Canadian Tire for 8. I checked in and then went over to buy my gas can. I wasn't back too long when the manager came over and announced that the wrong part had come in. So tomorrow morning we will try again.

    I got some more weeding done today....2 1/2 hours. Yay sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How frustrating! I watered my garden this morning. That is pretty much all I did. Oh wait, I baked cookies too. Who would have thought that not blogging would lead me to be even LESS productive?!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Nathalie - the patch with the dandelions looked very pretty! You did a lot of work in the garden! Wow!

    ReplyDelete