Friday, January 12, 2018

Company's Coming

I laid out very few goals this week because I am getting ready to leave and I didn't want to start any new projects until after I come back. So it was pretty easy to get things accomplished. The secret of course is to set your sights LOW. I got my few goals accomplished and I managed to take care of those "surprise" developments that occur to everyone when they think they haven't accomplished anything but in fact did twice the amount of work they had planned on. After a big snowstorm at the beginning of the week I went outside and shoveled my long double driveway, and still managed to start my packing.  On Wednesday I hit quite a few places to take care of some shopping.  I grouped all my errands into one trip so that the rest of the week would be no-spend, no-drive  days. Then today, after two very frigid weeks, I woke up to almost tropical conditions....5 degrees Celsius and rain. We lost quite a bit of snow in this January thaw, so I took advantage of this to take down my outdoor Christmas decorations. I fit all the garlands and lights into one Rubbermaid bin that I will carry upstairs at the end of the day. I am hoping they all dry out before I close the lid down on the bin. This was another unplanned chore, but I did not want to waste the opportunity of good weather to get it done now. We have to learn how to roll with the punches.

This afternoon I got busy with the real jobs on my to-do list. I cleared off the dining room table from my card-making session yesterday, scrubbed the main bathroom upstairs and vacuumed through the downstairs rooms. I washed up two loads of laundry this afternoon, folded and put away. I replaced the clean furniture cover on my couch. Last night I had 2 fillets of tilapia with zoodles for dinner, and since I still have three more zucchini to use up by Monday, I will probably make more zoodles tonight to go with some sausages I have already fried.

Tomorrow my daughter, her husband and my two grand kids are arriving from Bradford. They will stay for the night and take the dog back with them to look after him while I am away for two weeks. I will have my son and his fiancee come over for a visit and dinner together. I will cook up the other roast beef that is in my freezer with lots and lots of veggies for my vegan daughter. I don't think the kids like red meat, so I still have chicken nuggets and fish fries in my freezer that I know they will eat. When all else fails, I just have to slice some cheese and kielbasa and serve with crackers. They could live on that. There. I am all set for company. I probably won't post now until Sunday. Have a great week-end.  Sorry. No photos. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your secret trick to make sure you do hit your goals, lol. Well done on taking your Christmas decorations while you had a break in the weather, as I said in another comment to you. So smart. That way you don't have to worry about it when you get back.

    My kids lived on chicken nuggets when they were little. As a matter of fact when I took my Oldest Son to France when he was 15 months old, my mom wanted to cook him the typical toddler foods that she used to cook for me back then (French cuisine) and was very chagrined that he wouldn't eat anything and that I had to go to the at-the-time brand new McDonald's in town to buy him chicken nuggets because, gasp, she didn't have any in her freezer! I don't think she even knew what it was, LOL. So you are an excellent grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! We got so much snow overnight. I spent all morning (2 separate shifts) shoveling snow out of the driveway so that my daughter and my son have somewhere to park. My shoulders are aching at the moment. Anyways, they are both on their way and it will be a toss up to see who gets here first.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your company and weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete