Monday, January 8, 2018

Daybook: Monday, January 8, 2018

Outside my window.....it is snowing and blowing. I definitely have to go out and shovel my driveway today. It will probably take a couple of hours.

I am thinking.....that I did not accomplish anything on the weekend. I started packing but didn't finish. I did not do any housecleaning (dusting, vacuuming). I cooked some chicken and made broth but haven't taken the meat from the bones yet or made soup. I started on my mending pile, but have not finished. I feel like there are several projects in the works and nothing is DONE.

I am thankful for.....family and friends. I know. I know. It seems like I am always saying that; but lately, they are more important than usual.

From the kitchen.....I spent a couple of hours yesterday making moussaka. (It is yummy, but so time consuming). I have to finish making soup with the chicken broth and I need to freeze the chicken meat for future meals. I want to shred and saute the last head of cabbage so I can freeze it before leaving next Monday.

I am wearing..... blue jeans, a long sleeved T-shirt with hoodie and black socks.

I am creating.....cards one day a week. I am considering using two days this week to get ahead. I made 8 last Thursday but I need 7 of them already just to fill my own personal needs for birthday cards this month and next. I need to mail one of them out today. I watched some You Tube videos yesterday to refresh my memory on basic embroidery stitches. I would like to start a gift project when I get back.

I am going.....nowhere today except to shovel the driveway and a trip to the garden composter to feed it kitchen scraps.

I am hoping.....my dad's health improves quickly. He and "Dee" are not going on the cruise. He has spent the last week in hospital with a return of pneumonia. Fortunately, they had cancellation insurance on their cruise so they will be reimbursed. However, I still have to go with my SIL. I don't know this SIL as well as I should because she is married to one of my brothers who has broken ties with his whole family decades ago. My dad and "Dee" have maintained a relationship with his wife and kids however, and this is why they paid for a cruise for her (and me). She is a wonderful person and I shall enjoy her company and get to know her so much better after this trip because we will be bunk mates. Although I am very disappointed that my dad and "Dee" will not be there with us, I understand that my dad needs to stay put and get better. And I will try not to worry about him while we are gone. I will take lots of pictures to share with him.

I am hearing.....only the blower on the furnace. The dog is sleeping upstairs IN MY BED.

Around the house.....I still have towels on the floor where water was coming in from the window. I have two piles of tongue and groove planks with nails still sticking out of them waiting to go back up on my ceiling. I have floors waiting to be vacuumed. I haven't done them since I took the decorations down. My card making supplies are still on the dining room table. I need to give my craft room a good clean when I get back.

One of my favourite things.....is a new Netflix series that Nathalie recommended called "Line of Duty" produced by the BBC. I finished the first season. LOVED IT. I will be finishing the second season tonight (only two more episodes to watch). Thank you Nathalie. You know what I like.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a doctor's appointment with my shrink this Wednesday. I need to go to the bank to pick up some American bills. Using my packing list, I will finish up packing my one piece of luggage and carry on. I make a list as I think of things, so I don't forget to pack them. (my camera, electronics, flashlight, battery charger, insect repellent, toiletries, etc., etc) Those things like sunscreen, Tylenol, Gravol  cost a fortune on board the cruise ship) When it comes to clothes, I try to pack light.

Here's the picture I am sharing..... The good news is that it has warmed up enough to snow.



5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear your dad isn't well and had to cancel his participating in the cruise, I know you were looking forward to spending time with him and Dee very much. It's a good thing they took that insurance but at their age, they'd be foolish not to! So you and the SIL... you seem to be looking forward to it and I hope you have a grand time despite the worry.

    So you started on projects but they're not done... at least you started and that's progress! Way to go!

    I'm so happy you're loving "Line of Duty"! It's on Netflix in Canada?! I just checked and it's not on Netflix over here. I think Season 2 was my favorite, the actress (I forget her name) who plays the main protagonist is excellent. I need to rewatch the whole thing. And I especially love the way the music changes as the end of the episode and the cliffhanger approaches, LOL. I find it so very exciting :) So now you'll forgive me for not liking all the other shows that you like? LOL.

    Be careful with all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I forgive you. I just don't understand it. *laugh* I finished season 2 and started the next one last night. I will be all caught up by the end of the week. There are four seasons in all and they look like they are a continuing series. I will have to check to see if they are still filming.
    I haven't heard from "Dee" this morning, which is unusual; so I am about to call her to find out how my dad fared overnight. He is at home now but I think it may have been too soon. He still isn't able to sleep well unless he is raised up in bed. Hope you have another great day of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I hope your dad is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for asking. Yes. He seems to be on the mend this morning (Wednesday) and has begun to eat again. When he was feeling poorly, he could not be enticed to eat anything.

      Delete