Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Daybook: Wednesday, January 31/18



This should have been a Daybook Monday, as I actually arrived late Sunday night. I really wanted to do a post on Monday but I also wanted to unpack, do laundry, download the photos from my camera and rest a bit....I mean, a lot. I still have not been able to read all the posts from my blogger friends, nor have I phoned my IRL friends to let them know I am back, although I have been talking with family a lot. And the reason the phone lines and internet have been all a buzz is a very happy one. My son in BC received a kidney transplant while I was gallivanting around the Caribbean.

Outside my window.....there is snow and cold temperatures. Why am I surprised?  There is more expected overnight.

I am thinking.....of when I should make the trip to pick up my dog, Satchel.  And of course, I haven't stopped thinking that tomorrow is the first anniversary of my husband's passing. I lost my wedding band while I was in Jamaica. I didn't even feel it leave my finger. I have consoled myself with the notion that my Sweetie wanted to stay there on Bamboo Beach where it was lovely and warm and which I considered my "happy place" while I was there. I am not upset about it and feel strangely at peace.

I am thankful for.....the generous gift of life that someone has bestowed on my son. Someone had thought unselfishly of signing a donor card. I am wondering how many other lives were saved that night because of this one act.

From the kitchen.....this week I made up a large soup pot using the chicken broth I froze just before I left for my cruise. I also used up some of the chicken meat to make a stir fry. I made a Tex Mex casserole with ground beef and shredded cheese from the freezer. I have defrosted two chicken breasts for tonight's dinner which I will eat with more cauliflower from the freezer. It was very easy to follow my low carb diet on the ship.

I am wearing.....warm winter clothes again......blue denim jeans, fuzzy socks and a long sleeved tee.

I am creating.....all of my valentine cards for the kids this week.

I am going.....nowhere, unless I have to. February is going to be a busy month and I just want to chill  *laugh* these last few days of January and try to get used to winter once again.

I am hoping.....everything goes well for my son's recuperation. He is at home now and is going daily for his transplant clinics.

I am hearing.....the blower on the furnace coming on every so often. Otherwise, it is really quiet.

Around the house.....my Christmas cards are still hanging on the wall in my dining room. My grandkids' "office" is still set up in my living room where they were playing on the last weekend before I left on the cruise. My souvenirs from the Caribbean are laid out across the dining table. I have some  things waiting to be mailed out to my grand children.

One of my favourite things.....I bought for myself is a scrapbook and ephemera to embellish my photos from my wonderful trip to the Caribbean Islands. I don't know exactly when I will get around to it. I have so many scrapbooks I need to work on this winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include some grocery shopping, especially for fresh veggies and some fruit. I need to revisit my goals to refresh my memory on what I hope to accomplish this next month. I am going out Friday night with friends to celebrate one of our birthdays. And I need to make arrangements with my daughter to meet halfway to retrieve my dog. We usually meet in Cobourg and have lunch together.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....


Bamboo Beach in Jamaica...my "happy place"



3 comments:

  1. What great news all around! I'm glad you had a wonderful time and so so happy for your son and family (and you) that he had a kidney transplant! Best wishes to all.

    It's nice that you were able to keep up with your diet on your cruise. Sorry about your wedding ring, but if you are at peace with it, it's all good. I'll be thinking about you a lot tomorrow. ((HUGS)). Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nathalie. It was great to have so many days away. A week just does not seem enough time to enjoy a cruise to all those warm exotic places.

    I am planning on busying myself with valentines tomorrow. I can get lost when I am making cards for the kids in my life. I will be using my Cricut machine to cut out some dies for decorating and then I will take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Sorry you lost your wedding ring, but perhaps it was time for it to leave your finger. Thinking of you on what is probably an emotional day for you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete