Monday, February 12, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Jan. 12/18

It is now 4:05 PM and I am just sitting down to start my Daybook. That is because I started my errands this morning.

Outside my window.....it is still sunny and mild. My weather app on my tablet says -4 Celsius and snowing but that is far from the truth. It is a gorgeous day outside.

I am thinking.....about my Life Lab results that say that my sugar chemistry went up. What the...? I have been true to my diet and so I will wait until my doctor's appointment to get her take on the results. I am pretty sure I have still been losing some weight....not a lot, but my clothes are loose on me.

I am thankful for.....a break in the weather. After all the snow we got last week, yesterday we got freezing rain. First thing this morning, the sidewalks were pretty slick. The tree branches were very pretty sparkling in the sun though, and I didn't think to take a picture.

From the kitchen.....I baked three chicken legs yesterday. I had one last night and will have a second one tonight. I made enough stir fried veggies that there are some left over for tonight. I may take the meat off the third to put into a chicken soup or into a freezer container.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, black socks, a black shirt with 3/4 sleeves with a red zippered fleece over top. My hair is in a ponytail.

I am creating.....6 more cards this week, as well as an embroidered pillow slip (I hope).

I am going.....nowhere else today. I went out already today to pick up a few groceries after I picked up my mail at the Post Office. I also stopped at a Service Ontario office where I bought my 2018 license sticker, and I renewed my driver's license and my health card for another 5 years. Then I drove over to Michael's armed with a 40% off coupon where I spent an obscene amount of time checking out the offerings. I wanted to buy some things for crafting and so I used one of my gift cards from Christmas to stock up on some discounted valentine card stock and ribbon for next year. I picked up and put back a LOT of things I wanted. When I finally decided on what I was buying, it was just slightly over $50, so I paid the overage with change from my purse.

I am hoping.....to get started this week and next on Spring cleaning my Craft Room. It is a big job, so I know it will take longer than just one week.

I am hearing....a lot of .traffic outside returning from work. The roads are bare of snow, so I can hear the tires on the pavement.

Around the house.....my Christmas cards are finally down, but my floors are screaming for a proper vacuuming.

One of my favourite things.....again, is my android tablet that allows me to interact with my grand children. They are able to show me things and read their favouite stories to me. It is like having them here in front of me, but I can hang up on them at any time. *laugh*

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include the aforementioned vacuuming, crafting and starting the clean-up of the Craft Room.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
A heavy duty photo box ($2.50), 25 assorted sheets of valentine themed card stock ($2.79), 2 rubber stamps ($2 each, but I thought they were 2 for $3 and I didn't notice until I got home), and a 4 pack of scissors (on sale for $4.99). I used my 40% off coupon to buy a new Tim Holtz acrylic stamp set called Crazy Cats/Birds, so it only cost me $16.19  That is the most I have ever paid for stamps. On the pack of cardstock is DCM black embroidery floss for 69 cents, a hemp necklace set (makes 3) and extra hemp cord with which to make more. On the package of scissors is a packet of 200 tiny brads...the size I use most often in white and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment