Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Physically Exhausted

There was not lab work again today. When I woke up this morning, the snow had just started. It was that really fine drizzly kind of snow that makes the road slick. At least that is what I believe, so I quickly made up my mind that I would not go out today. A little while later, the Emergency trucks left the fire station to respond to an accident, so I think I chose wisely.

I started the day with putting the rest of the roasted chicken in the crockpot to make chicken broth, and then I proceeded to Spring clean my bedroom again. I found another pair of rubber gloves and filled a pail with hot soapy water to wash the second closet doors (inside and out). Those louvered slats at the bottom of the doors are a great dust magnet. I washed the sills and frames of my two bedroom windows (I think I will leave washing the inside and outside of the glass until a warm day in April), the inside of my bedroom door, the television, all of my wood furniture and I spot cleaned the walls. I am thinking maybe I will paint my bedroom walls if I have time this Spring. I tidied the surfaces of my furniture and put unnecessary items inside drawers. I did not purge too much today, but I did remove things from the bedroom that did not belong. I still have to find a home for those items.
I purged only 3 things.....a John Frieda hair lightener for blonde hair (never used), another evening bag, and the bottom of a music box/jewellery box (plays Memories) I always thought I could remove the music box gizmo and put it in a real wooden music box, but that ain't ever happened. Ha. So let someone else do it.

I ate leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch before I sat down to make three birthday cards. If I go out tomorrow for lab work and run my errands to get my license renewed, then I am not going to have time to make 6 birthday cards tomorrow. So I used this afternoon to get half of them done.  I used the cricut to cut 3 identical yellow flowers and black fern-like leaves to make 3 black and yellow cards.

The snow had pretty much stopped falling by the time I finished these, so I went outside to do some more shoveling. I only did half the driveway....only enough to get myself out of the driveway. I overdid it yesterday and my muscles were still kind of sore today, so I didn't want to push it.

Here are some more photos from the cruise. Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are known as the ABC Islands.  (The Dutch Antilles). Here are pictures from Aruba. Loved the beaches here, but the waves were monstrous and the undertow was deadly. 
 We are docked in Aruba. Soon we will disembark the ship to take a bus tour of the Island.
 Beautiful old architecture.
 Aruba is very dry. This is in fact their rainy season. Lots of cactus and the trade winds were very strong.

 This natural stone bridge is known as the Baby Bridge.



 The original stone bridge collapsed in 2005. The natural arch was carved from the coral limestone by the pounding waves.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to those islands so I appreciate the pictures! it looks so pretty, I love the color of the ocean.

    Sorry you're sore, poor Susan! You were smart in making sure you didn't overdo it two days in a row. And in making half of your cards yesterday, knowing all the errands you have to do today. They're so pretty!

    I have dust blindness. My brain doesn't register any of the dust in front of me unless I know we have people coming over who might be more discerning. Thankfully for me, we almost never have visitors, which is the way I prefer to live anyway, lol. But with all the cat litter being used in our house, the dust is more prevalent than it used to be, I guess. And I agree that louvered slats are dust magnets! We used to have them in many windows and my pantry door is also all louvered slats. Ugh. Pretty but a pain in the you-know-what.

    I hope you have a nice and successful day today. Stay safe on the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Islands are gorgeous. The beaches are heavenly and yes the colour of the water is spectacular. Their whole economy is based on tourism. I would love to have spent more time at each place, but on a cruise there is only time for a quick tour that touches on only a very few highlights. It is rush, rush, rush before you return to the ship and head off to the next destination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so lovely! You got a lot done in your room! You are going to have a sparkling house well before spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliment. Making cards is so relaxing and therapeutic (much like working in the garden.
    I will be satisfied with my Spring Cleaning if I can keep up the momentum. The problem is that while I am working, I am wishing I could do this and that and the other thing as far as decorating. I have to learn patience and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete